This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Do you like supporting new and existing functionalities? Do you have an affinity for writing functional designs for software, hardware, planning, testing, implementation, releases and roll-outs? If so, you could be our new Application Analyst, and we would love to get to know you!
Your daily ‘actions’
As an Application Analyst at Action, you will manage and develop a range of applications, including Kaba, Planon, Verzuimsignaal and document management systems. You will be the first point of contact between the business and suppliers in the event of any questions, incidents or changes. You will also be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the system, and engage with our suppliers as required. The main focus of this position is on Functional Application Management for multiple applications within the HR, Real Estate and Fraud domains (SuccessFactors, SAP HCM or Kronos).
You will report to the Service Delivery Manager and be part of a team of 6 internal colleagues and 10 external support professionals. As a member of this team, you will participate in Technology projects for various business units, relevant meetings and webinars, and support process improvement.
At Action, you will find a positive working atmosphere with an engaged, cost-conscious, customer-focused and culturally diverse team. We enjoy working together and have an important company philosophy: simplicity in everything we do. Our Technology department works with specialist teams for Enterprise Architecture, IT Project & Portfolio Management, Development & Operations and multiple Business Technology (BizTech) teams.
Within the BizTech team for IT Store Applications, HR, Real Estate & Fraud, we implement the initiatives on the Technology roadmap and support our business objectives alongside Technology. As an Application Analyst, you will be involved in many of these initiatives and consult with the Solution Architect and Service Delivery Manager on how we can ensure an optimal solution for our users.
What we offer
- A competitive salary based on a 38-hour week
- 24 paid vacation days and the option to buy a maximum of 5 additional vacation days
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- 15% staff discount on Action products
- An attractive pension plan
- Flexible working hours in coordination with the team and the line manager
What you offer
An Application Analyst within Action is confident and shows leadership by motivating application specialists and business process owners, meaning you need to have strong communication skills. You are organised in your work, adhere to deadlines and guidelines, and are results-oriented and pragmatic. You are not affected by time pressure and you work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
You also have the following:
- A higher professional education diploma
- More than 3 years' experience in similar roles
- More than 3 years' experience working in IT
- An excellent command of English and Dutch; knowledge of French and/or German is an asset
We open stores at home and abroad on a weekly basis. This growth makes Action a successful organisation where developments occur at a rapid pace. The department is expected to continue to expand, so there are plenty of opportunities for further development.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment seriously. That is why we like to invest in solutions that reduce the environmental impact and improve manufacturing conditions in the countries in which we have stores and manufacture products. Click here for more information.
We look for the best talent to achieve our ambitious expansion goals. If that sounds like you and you want to work on challenging projects with state-of-the-art technologies, take action and apply now! What happens next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and come back to you as soon as possible.
- If we think you are a match, we will invite you to an initial interview.
- We would like to get to know you better and will ask you to complete an online assessment.
- If you are suitable for the position and Action, we will invite you to a second interview. We will discuss your assessment here, and you may meet one of your future colleagues.
- If we are both happy, we will make you an offer you can't refuse!
COVID-19 has recently forced us to look at new ways of working. Of course, the health, safety and welfare of our employees are paramount. Presently, most teams are working in a hybrid form. This means they can work from home or in the office, depending on business needs and personal preferences. We will continue to shape this after September 2021. This also means all interviews for this position will take place online. This position will be relocated to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk when this is possible. You will then have the opportunity to work with your colleagues face to face.