This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Application Analyst Store Applications
We are hiring an application Analyst to help us manage and develop a group of Store related applications (POS software, Handhelds, internal communication tool and other).
The Application Analyst will contribute with existing and new functionalities, writing functional designs for software, hardware, planning, testing, implementation, releases and roll out. In this role you will be the expert in the functional understanding of the mentioned applications (also SAP Modules). You will be frequently consulted by the business regarding improvements in their processes, while at the same time you are expected to take initiative.
Reporting to Elma Vader (Manager BizTech Store Ops, HR, RE, Fraud), your work will be based at our International Head office.
Are you looking for a great step in your IT professional career? Seems like this is the job you were looking for? Then please apply via our career site!
This is your daily action
The main focus of this job is Functional Application Management for multiple applications within the Store domain. This means that you ensure, together with the suppliers, that we can handle the growth, translation of business requirements into application requirements, and analysing problems. This means analysing the impact of changes in business processes and monitoring the effects on system functionalities. When managing the resulting change requests, it is important to make sure that these changes are realized successfully, either via colleagues or by your own action. Therefore, defining what a solution would look like and formulating implementation strategies is also key. Sometimes this also means acting as a test coordinator after delivery, to ensure smooth implementation.
Furthermore, the Application Analyst is responsible for the alignment of business needs and priorities with team members. You will ensure that all necessary documentation is in place, by aligning with business users regarding test- and training requirements. You understand business priorities and you are able to translate these to functional enhancements. The Analyst will sometimes have to act as a Project Manager as well, communicating on conflicting priorities and organizing alternatives if necessary. This also entails the ability of determining whether or not implementation through standard software is feasible. You know exactly how to minimize the impact, if deviation from the standard is required. You also understand the limit, in terms of not deploying a new functionality to production if the functionality turns out not be fit for purpose.
Meet your team
Action provides a positive workplace with a highly committed, cost-conscious, and customer-oriented, culturally diverse population. We like to work as a team; we live up to our company values with a simplicity mindset in all we do. Our Technology & IT department adds value with centralized teams for Enterprise Architecture, IT Project & Portfolio Management, Development & Operations, and multiple Business Technology (BizTech) teams.
Keeping up with the challenges and expansion objectives at Action requires the best talent. Do you want to work on challenging projects within the dynamic world of retail with state-of-the-art technology? Take Action!
Our main priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers. Therefore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we ask you to work remotely. Whenever possible, the location of this position will return to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with your colleagues. This also means that all interviews for this position are done digitally via video calls.
This is you
An Application Analyst Store Applications at Action has knowledge of Retail and all the business processes within the functional area. You are self-confident and show leadership by motivating technical specialists, business process owners and suppliers. This also means strong communication skills on a business level. Throughout your work you are organized; sticking to agreed deadlines and guidelines is no problem for you. You are result-driven and demonstrate a high level of pragmatism. Time pressure doesn’t bother you, and you work effectively on your own as well as in a team.
- Bachelor degree;
- 3+ years’ experience in similar roles;
- 5+ years’ experience in IT;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch.
What we offer
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour working week;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours);
- A company laptop and mobile phone;
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products.
A few examples:
- We support more than 1,500 children in SOS Children's Villages and run the marathon for a good cause with hundreds of employees.
- Our products are efficiently transported in double-decker trucks, which means more products are transported at lower CO2 emission.
- We use sustainable raw materials. You will find more and more products with sustainability labels on our shelves: FSC and PEFC for wood products, UTZ for chocolate or OEKO-TEX for textiles.
- Where possible, we reduce and recycle packaging materials.
- Of course we also take care of our own people. Only with driven employees we can achieve even more successes. We invest in all kinds of ways, for example with our Action Academy, where we offer employees the opportunity to take courses.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!