This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Business Analyst Supply Chain
(fulltime 38 hours per week)
What makes your work at Action so enjoyable? The variety! As a Business Analyst Supply Chain, there are different issues for you to tackle time and time again. This job is right on the edge of Business and Analytics, and with your work we enable the various business stakeholders to act on data.
This is your daily action
In this role you will work on the business side of analytics. Just as your fellow data- analysts and scientists, you will work together with people from all over the supply chain organization. Your job is to translate the data into actionable insights for them, so they can make the right decisions. You will be a key player in translating the requirements of the business stakeholders into sound functional solutions. This of course requires an excellent understanding of the supply chain. But you also need to be capable of levelling with the more technical oriented people, such as BI developers. Therefore some technical analytics knowledge is required as well. In the end your job is to make sure the business needs are met, not only initially but also in the future. Pro-actively monitoring the effectiveness of our analytics products will be part of your job as well. This might urge you to for example initiate improvements, or give additional trainings to the stakeholders.
At Action we grow at a very fast pace and our analytics solutions should therefore be robust and scalable. Hence, your job is not only to focus on the here and now, but also the long term. You will be performing data analyses by yourself. Your analyses will help stakeholders to make data driven decisions, or confirm if their decisions were the right ones.
Your work will consist of:
- Organize and lead design sessions to define business requirements
- Structure requirements in functional designs and support by creating the technical designs
- Cooperate with data analysts, data scientists and BI developers to fulfil these requirements
- Connect with other stakeholders and departments to overcome siloed working
- Support in embedding the analytics products in our supply chain processes in the best way possible
- Monitor the effectiveness of our analytics products and pro-actively take actions if needed
- Execute data analyses and support the business to make data driven decisions
- Increase the data literacy within Action supply chain
- Act as subject matter expert on the field of our analytics products
Meet your team
You will be part of the Supply Chain Support & Processes department and report to the Manager Supply Chain Analytics. SC Analytics is responsible for Analytics within the expanding European supply chain network of Action. The aim is to bring the supply chain of Action a step further in working data-driven. The scope is End-to-End, so it will start at our suppliers, includes our hub-, cross dock- and warehouse network, and ends with the delivery at the stores. Working in the Supply Chain of Action means working in a dynamic and highly motivated environment that is constantly looking for improvements. How can we optimize our supply chain network? What is the most efficient and effective way of executing processes in our warehouses? How can we improve our article availability and delivery performance? You can team up with colleagues on experience and knowledge to achieve the best results for Action and learn from each other.
This is you
You not only have an excellent supply chain knowledge, but also have good analytics knowledge.
You can structure ideas and requirements into concrete plans, and with your problem solving ability you can lead the way. Your communication skills are outstanding and you are socially skilled. You like to act as a spider in the web and work effectively with others to achieve common goals. Next to that, you are customer focused, result-oriented and pro-active.
Furthermore you have:
- A completed bachelor's or master's degree
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English
What we offer
Surprisingly more! From our bustling home base in the Netherlands, you’ll have an impact on the whole of Europe. The counter now stands at more than 2,000 stores in 10 countries and millions of smiles from our customers. And we have big growth ambitions. For Action and for you. Because our growth means that you can always take new steps. A different job, an interesting innovation project, new skills: as a professional you can develop without limits. And all this in a culture where our shared values are truly lived: customer focus, teamwork, simplicity, discipline, cost conscious and respect.
Did you know that you can also count on us for:
- A market-based salary based on a 38-hour work week
- 24 days of holiday and the option to buy 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week)
- Flexible working hours [OPTIONAL/ADJUSTABLE] and the possibility of working up to 40% from home, of course in coordination with your team and manager
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
- A good pension scheme, collective health insurance and travel expenses allowance (Zwaagdijk-Oost is traffic jam-free and only 30 minutes by car from Amsterdam)
How we contribute to society
If you only know Action from the stores, a world will open up for you when you join us. For example, we are working hard behind the scenes to make a positive impact on society and the environment. Did you know, for example, that we sponsor more than 2,000 children worldwide who are growing up in an SOS Children’s Village? That our team reflects the diversity of our customers, including 124 nationalities? That we already source 70% of our wood products and 86% of our cotton sustainably? And that only energy-efficient LED lighting is used in more than half of our stores? Yes, that is also Action. Curious about what other initiatives we’re facilitating? Join our team and find out for yourself.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer, and we warmly invite anyone who recognises themselves in the vacancy to apply. So take action and respond to this vacancy now!
What happens next:
- Response to your application within 14 days (and usually earlier)
- First meeting with the manager and a colleague
- Online assessment to get to know you better
- Second interview with your recruiter, among others
- Welcome to Action…
Throughout the process, your recruiter is your permanent point of contact and is available to answer any questions you may have.