This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
(Fulltime, 38hrs per week)
About the job
Do you want to work for a highly successful, fast expanding international retailer with many growth opportunities? At Action we offer you the opportunity to become part of our Strategy and Business Development team as Business Developer and play an important role in supporting the overall growth and improvement of our company.
This is your daily action
The Business Developer is part of the Business Development team and reports to the Head of Business Development. Together with senior executives, the Business Development team works on key topics for Action such as: Sustainability, Digitization, Expansion, Supply Chain and more. Together with your team members you support in defining our strategy, translating these to tangible plans and ensure execution. We are looking for someone in the start of their career who gets energized by challenges, high work pace and enjoys team work.
Your work field is very dynamic, but in general involves tasks such as:
- Involved with preparations of the annual strategic plan and budget
- Support the CEO, CFO, other senior managers and our shareholder with preparations for investor and/or board meetings
- Competition tracking
- Strategic initiative tracking
- Work on themes such as Sustainability, Digital, Expansion and Supply Chain
- Translate topics from concept into actions for colleagues and teams to speed up their progress and ensure actual implementation of changes
Your work location will be our International Head Office in Zwaagdijk (a 30 minutes traffic free drive from Amsterdam).
Meet your team
The central Business development team currently counts 4 positions.
Why is this an interesting position for you?
- You will work at the fastest growing non-food retailer in Europe
- You will be involved in challenging strategic projects
- Steep learning curve and rapid personal development through collaboration with, among others, CEO and CFO
- Excellent starting position for an (international) career at our Company
Does this sound interesting to you then come and join our team!
This is you
The Business Developer we are looking for has +2 years working experience and is able to think at an abstract and strategic level, and demonstrates a high level of pragmatism and flexibility! You have experience in analyzing, building a storyline and managing deadlines independently. You are good at communicating and managing stakeholders.
- Academic degree in combination with +2 years of relevant working experience in for example (strategy) consulting, banking, retail or private equity.
- Good PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language
- Affinity with retail is a pre
What we offer
- Annual bonus based on personal and business goals
- Long term incentive
- 24 paid vacation days with the option of purchasing 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week).
- Company car, laptop and smartphone
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer serving millions of customers in more than 2,000 stores in 9 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and the environment. That's why we invest in solutions to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and ways to support people in the countries where we have stores and produce products.
Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment.
Are we still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
At Action, integrity is of great importance to us. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your recruiter for more information.