This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Business Developer Finance
(Fulltime, 38hrs per week)
Do you have experience as an Investment Banker or do you work in Private Equity or as Strategy Consultant? And do you want to work for a highly successful, fast expanding international retailer? At Action we offer you the opportunity to become part of our Finance team as Business Developer and play an important role in supporting the overall growth of our company while at the same time improving the efficiency.
This is your daily action
The Business Developer Finance is responsible for working alongside the CFO/finance domain (Finance, Tax, Risk Assurance, Legal and Procurement). In this role you will report directly to the CFO and provide meaningful support to the Finance Management Team (CFO and the heads of the different finance disciplines) and other senior managers. You act as the linking pin between the different functional areas in the finance organization in order to successfully drive activities such as business planning and (investor) reporting, development of our (finance) operations/organization and complex and strategic projects.
Your work field is very dynamic, but in general involves tasks such as:
Business planning and reporting
- Involved with preparations of the annual strategic plan and budget for our (Executive) Board
- Support the CEO, CFO and our shareholder with preparations for investor and/or board meetings
Developing the CFO/finance organization (strategy)
- Support senior managers with developing strategic plans on how to manage the growth of our company and/or increase efficiency within their teams
Strategic projects (execution)
- Translate topics from concept into actions for colleagues and teams to speed up their progress and ensure actual implementation of changes
- Responsible for project management in multidisciplinary and complex project teams and driving the decision making process
- Support the finance team and treasury with financing and /or shareholder related activities
Your work location will be our International Head Office in Zwaagdijk (a 30 minutes traffic free drive from Amsterdam).
Meet your team
This is you
The Business Developer we’re looking for is able to think at an abstract level and demonstrates a high level of pragmatism, autonomy and flexibility! You are confident in making proposals and you actively identify the wishes and needs of the internal customer. Being organized is a must as you are required to manage multiple activities and ad-hoc requests simultaneously; you are able to structure activities and projects, work under pressure and manage (tight) deadlines.
- Academic degree in combination with 4-7 years of relevant working experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity and/or strategic positions within the business
- Advanced PowerPoint and excel skills
- Finance knowledge is a must-have
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language
- Affinity with retail is a pre
What we offer
- Annual bonus based on personal and business goals
- Long term incentive
- 24 paid vacation days with the option of purchasing 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week).
- Company car, laptop and smartphone
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow
- How we contribute to society
- As a retailer serving millions of customers in more than 1,800 stores in 9 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and the environment. That's why we invest in solutions to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and ways to support people in the countries where we have stores and produce products. Click here for more information.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. That’s why we will ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment.
- Are we still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
At Action we think integrity is of the utmost importance. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your Recruiter for more details.