This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
As a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer / BI Engineer in our IT organization, you are part of committed team of professionals with established credentials in the SAP Business Intelligence suite. In your role you are reporting to the Manager of BI & Data Analytics. Specifically, you will build best-in-class BI solutions by using your technical expertise in (back-end and/or front-end):
Mapping business requirements to the technical architecture design and data model.
Designing and developing BW data models & data flow objects in SAP BW 7.5 on HANA and BW4HANA in the near future.
Optimizing reporting and data load performance through Query monitoring and tweaking.
Design and develop Dashboards & reports using SAP Business Objects and SAP Analytics Cloud (our future go-to front-end solution).
A BI Developer in our industry needs to be organized and solution oriented. Do you enjoy a combination of deep subject-matter knowledge and quick thinking skills? Are you a team player with great eye for detail and do you have the ambition to be key for our technology department? Then please keep reading.
This is your daily action
As BI Developer you work together with the SAP BI team and other internal and external colleagues. You are an experienced professional who is aware of the latest technological developments and you have a passion for your field. With a professional and critical view you are actively looking for improvements and you bring others to follow your suggestions and advice to achieve results, not only by preparing clear information in documents but also using your outstanding communication skills and technical vision.
In your role you are responsible for the development and continuous improvement of our BI Platform, as well as for the continuous improvement of the methods and tools (e.g. BI platform / solutions) with which we maintain and develop our BI platform back-end and front-end.
You will collaborate with Business stakeholders and BI & Data Analytics Consultants to clarify information needs. You translate these needs into designs (report design, data models, queries, etc.) while developing relevant data models/reports and perform/support in testing. Depending on the requirements, risks and challenges, the work is predominantly performed and governed in an agile way of working.
Meet your team
Action provides a positive workplace with a highly committed, cost-conscious, and customer-oriented, culturally diverse population. We like to work as a team; we live up to our company values with a simplicity mindset in all we do. Our Technology & IT department adds value with centralized teams for Enterprise Architecture, IT Project & Portfolio Management, Development & Operations, and multiple Business Technology (BizTech) teams.
Keeping up with the challenges and expansion objectives at Action requires the best talent. Do you want to work on challenging projects within the dynamic world of retail with state-of-the-art technology? Take Action!
This is you
You are analytically strong, creative and very organized. You recognize (business)patterns, stick to agreements within deadlines and you are compliant to frameworks and guidelines. You have a service-oriented, proactive and no-nonsense attitude and you are able to communicate and cooperate substantively at various (international) levels within the organization. You also have a clear vision and know how to implement it. A positive and proactive attitude towards change and innovation is essential in this. Our formula with a surprisingly complete assortment and competitive prices also requires an entrepreneurial, critical and pragmatic attitude with high cost awareness.
- At least 5 years of work experience as BI Developer with adequate track record;
- Knowledge and experience in best-practice frameworks, tools & techniques.
- Experience within the retail industry is an important advantage;
- Technical system knowledge of the SAP BI platform and especially SAP BW (7.5.) and depending if you are a front or back-end specialist SAP Business Objects and SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Functional understanding and appeal for business solutions is preferred;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) and ideally knowledge of Dutch;
What we Offer
We open stores in the Netherlands and abroad every week. The rapid growth makes Action a successful organization with rapid development and the expectation is that the department will expand even more, so that there are plenty of growth opportunities.
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour working week;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours);
- A company laptop and mobile phone;
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products. Click here to read more information.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Our main priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers. Therefore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we ask you to work remotely. Whenever possible, the location of this position will return to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with your colleagues. This also means that all interviews for this position are done digitally via video calls.