This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Buying Assistant Do It Yourself
Fulltime, 38 hours per week
The buying department is one of the most dynamic departments of Action. As Buying Assistant, you have direct influence on which products end up in our stores. Do you have a commercial mindset and an interest in Do It Yourself products? Take Action!
This is your daily action
The Buyers for our DIY segment work on finding the best products to add to our assortment, such as car accessories and tools, as well as our own private label for paint and paint accessories, Spectrum. As Buying Assistant, you’ll support the Buyer in the buying process from A to Z, where you’ll work closely together. You’ll be involved in various commercial and administrative tasks, such as checking quotations, processing orders, preparing supplier meetings and coordinating the exact delivery times of for new goods, in close collaboration with our supply chain. Communicating and coordinating with national and international suppliers is an important part of the job and you’ll need to build and maintain good working relations with them.
Next to the above tasks, a large part of this position is very hands-on. For example, unpacking and assessing samples, where you’ll assess, in consultation with the Buyer, whether a product has potential and meets the set requirements. Together with the Artwork Coordinator, you’ll create attractive packaging for our own products and you regularly visit the stores to see how your products do in the store.
There is always room for own initiative. Do you have ideas for new products? Together with the Buyer you’ll discuss their potential.
Meet your team
Our department consists of the following units: Buying, Direct Sourcing, Commercial Planning and Quality. We are continuously scouring the market for new items to surprise our customers, negotiating with suppliers, analysing revenues to find out what’s selling and what’s not, and creating promotions such as weekly or seasonal discounts. We visit our stores (and those of our competitors;) on a regular basis to maintain a feel for what’s going on. We maintain a close collaboration with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Legal departments. Will you join us on our challenge to keep surprising our customers with a large and diverse assortment? Take Action!
This is you
A Buying Assistant at Action is proactive, decisive and works very accurately. You get energy from working in a dynamic environment, where you’ll add structure and ensure an accurate administration. Our formula with a surprisingly complete range and competitive prices also requires an entrepreneurial, critical and pragmatic attitude with good communication skills. With your commercial point of view and strong negotiation skills you know how to convince others.
- A bachelor’s degree in a commercial direction;
- 2-5 years of work experience in a commercial environment;
- Affinity and experience with systems such as Excel and SAP;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
What we offer
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour work week;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours per week);
- Company laptop and smartphone;
- 15% staff discount on Action products;
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- A job at a dynamic, international organisation with plenty of room to grow.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions, and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products. Click here to read more information.
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you ASAP.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!