This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
38 hours per week (full-time), Zwaagdijk
Are you passionate about retail? With a strong focus on the customer experience? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset ?Are you a go-getter, and you want to develop in an international commercial environment? Seize your chance and join the Action Buying Academy 2022 as a Buying Trainee!
Action is a fast-growing international non-food discounter with a simple and successful business model. In just over 25 years we have grown from one store in Enkhuizen to nearly 2,000 stores across Europe. We have a wide and varied assortment with up to 6,000 products in 14 categories. And of course, at the lowest price possible. Every week there are 150 new products in store, and we’ve got great bargains on offer every week. Despite our low prices, we don't compromise on quality, safety or sustainability.
These are your daily "Actions"
As a Buying Trainee, you follow a personalized program in our Action Buying Academy. You work in the Buying department and report to a buyer. Your team will help you quickly fit into the Action culture. During your traineeship you will focus on understanding the unique Action formula and managing the product life cycle from factory to customer. Seeing a customer buying your product gives you a special thrill as a buyer.
You develop all the skills, competences and mentality you need to be successful within Action.
- You take a deep dive into the details of a product category and show us your analysis and recommendations.
- You learn how to conduct effective conversations and how to build relationships with suppliers from around the world.
- You develop your knowledge of packaging, the production chain, quality and sustainability.
- You are creative and look for the best Action products to surprise our customers.
- You learn to make accurate budgets and forecasts.
You mainly work from our headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where what you do impacts all of our stores in Europe. You visit our stores on a regular basis, and when you are ready, you go along on a buying trip abroad.
The department consists of Buying, Marketing, Commercial Planning, Quality and more. We are constantly looking for new articles to excite our customers. We also negotiate with suppliers, analyze sales to see what sells well, and create promotions such as weekly offers or seasonal offers.
We regularly visit our stores and those of our competitors to learn what's happening. We also cooperate extensively with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Legal departments. Are you up for the challenge of continuously surprising our customers with a large and diverse assortment? Come and work for us!
Curious about your new colleagues? Tilla Torsti, Nora Oumoulid and Laurens Gloudemans would love to work with you.
What you offer
We expect you to learn fast, have strong analytical skills and be pragmatic. As a Buying Trainee, it is important that you are organized and self-confident. Working in a rapidly changing environment suits your personality.
- You have completed your bachelor’s or masters’ degree
- You have a maximum of 2 years’ work experience
- You have a good command of English
- You have a driving license and a car to drive to the office
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment seriously. That is why we like to invest in solutions that reduce the environmental impact and improve manufacturing conditions in the countries in which we have stores and manufacture products. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
What happens next:
- Apply before 15 September and our recruiter will review your application and come back to you as soon as possible.
- In the event of a match, we shall invite you to one of our selection days in October.
- We would like to get to know you better during the selection procedure, which is why we ask you to do an online assessment.
- If we are both happy, you may well be one of the four candidates we welcome in January 2022.
COVID-19 has recently forced us to look at new ways of working. Of course, the health, safety and welfare of our employees are paramount. Presently most teams are working in a hybrid form. This means they can work from home or in the office, depending on the business needs and personal preferences. We will continue to shape this after September 2021.