This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Employment (38 hours)
Supply Chain Inbound Logistics is responsible for an optimal efficient and cost effective flow of commercial goods from supplier to DC. Supply Chain Import & Ocean Freight takes care of an efficient and cost effective (direct) import process per container from our Fast East suppliers towards our DC’s, Hubs and overflow locations.
The Carrier Manager is responsible for all the carrier accounts, contracts and carrier performance to ensure an optimal supply chain process for all import items from mostly Far East towards our Action DC’s, Hubs and overflow locations. The Carrier Manager will, in line with the Direct Import ambitions, strategy and forecast, execute and monitor the sea freight bookings of the import volumes spread out over the contracted carrier portfolio. The Carrier Manager will be constantly looking for opportunities to improve the process by making strategic transportplans, looking for new possibilities, making it more efficient and/or effective with lower cost, using all supply chain options that are available in- and outside the company and cooperating with the direct stakeholders regarding options and decisions.
You daily Actions
Forecasting & allocation management
As a Carrier Manager you will be responsible for creating carrier booking sequence based on contractual agreements (price & volume), port allocation, empty drop-off possibilities and operational performance. You will translate overall Action forecast and open order book into a weekly rolling forecast per carrier on port level. Additionally, you will take care of escalations in the total process. Inform all stakeholders and come with solutions. You will identify over- or under allocation of capacity and mitigate this with carriers if within contractual agreements. If outside contractual agreements advice the SC Manager Import & Ocean Freight and Procurement on possible solutions. Implement chosen solution(s) with carriers. You will instruct origin booking teams of freight forwarders based on booking sequence and carrier forecasting how and with which carrier to book. Moreover, you will follow up on booking issues on a daily basis. Determine possible solutions and ensure proper follow up with carriers, vendors, sourcing agent, SC Import & Sea Freight Operations Manager and forwarder booking teams. You will define improvements and optimization in carrier agreements and advise this to the SC Manager Import & Ocean Freight and Procurement. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the monthly evaluation of forecast accuracy and compliance with contractual agreements with forwarders and carriers, and you will advise the SC Direct Import & Sea Freight department about tools to ensure the operational execution.
You will setup and maintain professional carrier management, focused on both structural and continuous improvements. You will build up a good relation network with all carriers important for Action, with the purpose to get things done, and you will follow up on booking and performance issues on a daily basis. Moreover, you will define and implement key performance indicators with carriers, to ensure the performance/quality rate. You will ensure that these key performance indicators are met. Additionally, you will plan and execute periodic business reviews with contracted carriers. You will be responsible for accountmanagement by developing a good network and relationship with carriers around the world.
Market development & contracting
You will explore and implement available (or new) logistic services to optimize the goods inflow via container transports. You will continuously monitor market trends, developments, oil & bunker prices and act on this developments with new proposals f.e. Furthermore, you will engage in short term contracts in close cooperation with Procurement to anticipate on under commitment or ad-hoc issues. You will create vision on business requirements (free time conditions, empty drop-off, extended CY etc) in close cooperation with SC Manager Import & Ocean Freight and the Operations Manager Import & Ocean Freight. Moreover, you will set up tender projects with stakeholders and decide in tender process to ensure carrier portfolio and agreements are in line with business requirements.
This is you
You demonstrate a high level of pragmatism and you have strong communication skills (towards logistic partners, other departments and team members). You have strong analytical skills, and focus on facts over emotions. You maintain a helicopter view on process and potential improvements, and you are pro-active and eager to gain results in an effective way. You are cost-conscious taking into account all involved costs.
Furthermore you have:
- Minimal Bachelor degree in Supply Chain / Logistics / Economics
- Over 7 years of experience with Import from Far East, in a comparable environment (pref. retail or freight forwarding), including leadership experience and excellent knowledge of the logistical market in both Far East and Europe
- English, Reporting, Supply Chain Analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Experience in the retail branch and an international environment is preferable.
- Willing to travel to different work locations depending on requirements
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 24 vacation days and the possibility to buy an extra 5 days per year (based on 38 hours)
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to participate in a collective health insurance policy
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
- At Action we think integrity is of the utmost importance. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your Recruiter for more details.