This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Do you want to support Action in becoming more data-driven? And do you want to apply your advanced analytics skills to help the Supply Chain to improve? This job is right on the edge of Business and Analytics, and with your work we enable the various business stakeholders to act on data.
Your Daily Actions
In this role you will work on the business side of analytics. Next to your fellow data- analysts and scientist, you will work together with people from all over the supply chain organization. Your job is to translate the data into actionable insights for them, so they can make the right decisions. Therefore besides having a proper advanced analytics skillset, you should be able to understand the important drivers within the Supply Chain. Most of the time you will actively participate in cross-functional project teams. But sometimes you will work on something initiated by our own team in order to explore or challenge the status quo. This will be important for Action, our team, but also yourself in order to keep growing.
Your work will consist out of:
- performing complex (statistical) analysis to track relationships, understand effects of changes and find areas for improvement. You could think about cases such as ‘how much does congestion in the warehouses impact the productivity and what can we do to prevent that’.
- working on predictive models, to better prepare for what’s coming. Simulations and scenario analysis can be required as well. These models can be used in operations to plan for example their workforces, but they can also be used by process managers to (re)design their processes.
- building optimization models to define the most effective and efficient way forward. A model which defines which stores should be delivered by which DC in order to have the lowest SC costs, is a perfect example of this.
But maybe even more important you have to close the gap between business- and analytics knowledge by presenting your work in an understandable way. You have to tell the story behind the data and back it up by strong visualizations if needed. Your communication skills will be very important for this.
You will work with all kinds of data which will be made available to you via our data warehouse and data lake. Next to data from our ERP and WMS systems, you can think of data from our orderplanning application, transport planning application, and many others.
All in all it is about bringing the supply chain of Action a step further in working data-driven.
Meet your team
As Data Scientist you will be part of the Supply Chain Support & Processes department and reports directly to the Manager Supply Chain Analytics. SC Analytics is responsible for Business Analytics within the expanding European supply chain network of Action. The scope is End-to-End, so it will start at our suppliers, includes our hub-, cross dock- and warehouse network, and ends with the delivery at the stores. Working in the Supply Chain of Action means working in a dynamic and highly motivated environment that is constantly looking for improvements. How can we optimize our supply chain network? What is the most efficient and effective way of executing processes in our warehouses? How can we improve our article availability and delivery performance? Since there are more data- analysts and scientist working in the team you can team up with experience and knowledge to achieve the best results for Action and learn from each other.
Who you are
You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail. You are proficient in tracking relationships between processes and determine cause-effect relations. You can translate complex data into actionable insights and are proficient in presenting it. You are punctual with a strong focus on accuracy. You work effectively with others to achieve common targets, and also when under time pressure. You are fluent in English and you are able to able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Furthermore you have:
• Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Business Analytics, Econometrics, Operations research or equivalent
• 3+ years work experience as data scientist. Experience in Supply Chain is a plus
• Experience with statistical analyses, predictive modeling and machine learning
• Experience with simulation- and optimization models
• Experience in Python and/or R
What we offer
• Market-based salary
• 24 holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days a year (based on 38 hours)
• A company laptop and mobile phone
• Flexible working hours
• The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme
• 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
• Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
• Possibility to grow within the organization (horizontally and vertically)
• Enthusiastic divers team of data minded people
Take action and apply now!
What happens next
Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
We will invite you to an initial job interview.
We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to complete an online assessment.
We will invite you to a second interview and discuss your assessment and more.
If we are both happy, we will become new colleagues!