This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Distribution Center Set Up Team Specialist
(fulltime, 38 hours per week)
Are you experienced in warehousing, strong in communication, have a passion to build new things and train others? Then DC Set Up-Team Specialist at Action might be the job for you. Kickstart our go live of new distribution centers in Europe and be at the heart of our expansion and growth! We’ve come a long way already with 13 dc’s and over 2300 stores in 11 countries and each year we plan to open at least two new warehouses. Ready to get in Action?
This is your daily action
As DC Set Up Team Specialist you are starting-up the operational and administrative aspect of a new Distribution Center (DC) from the preparation and opening phase till the moment that the quality of receipt and delivery is guaranteed and maintained. You’ll be preparing, educating, training and managing the departments and employees of external service providers or Action colleagues, who will be responsible for the logistical operation of the new DC’s. Of course you do this in close collaboration with your colleagues and each team member has multiple areas of expertise. Besides setting up a new DC, you’ll be working on projects and other supporting and advisory tasks related to your specialisms.
The better we can get our operations in a new DC started, the smoother it will be. To do this, after the training period, you’ll be on site mostly during weekdays in the new warehouse for around 3 months. After you and your colleagues leave, the logistic operation can run independently and is successfully run by the managers and employees of the new DC. In addition to transferring and securing knowledge, the DC Set-up Team Specialist is closely involved in the actual implementation, execution and follow-up of the entire logistics process in accordance with strategic policy and within the framework of the set targets, based on financial and efficiency based KPI’s.
In this international role you’ll be at the heart of our DC expansion and part of an international team across Europe.
Meet your team
The DC Set-up Team is part of the international Supply Chain Outbound organization and is responsible for the start-up of the new DC’s in the various countries where Action is active. We work as a project team and are responsible for the proper structural implementation of the processes by the logistic employees and or service provider in a new DC. Curious to meet your new team members?
Serge, Dennis and the team members are excited to meet you!
This is you
Training others from your field of expertise: Logistics and warehousing. That’s where you get energized! As you know, in warehousing timely services to (internal) customers at a high quality level and in accordance to guidelines are key. Your strong communication skills enable you to actively collaborate with others and you have a practical approach to things. Traveling is part of the job and you are available for function related projects and operational support in between and after openings.
Furthermore you have:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Expertise in logistical processes and processes in warehousing and/or distribution
- The ability to travel on a frequent basis throughout the year
- Excellent knowledge Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP (E)WM is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Polish, French, German or another language is a plus
- Experience working in an international environment at a multinational company
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has more than 2.300 stores in 11 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues weekly. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour work week
- 24 vacation days, with the option to purchase 5 extra days based on a 38-hour work week
- Conditional Travel allowance
- Extensive range of education and training at our own Action Academy
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
- Regulated expense compensation when abroad
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment, when continuing to round two.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!