This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Fulltime, 38 hours
The supply chain of Action is a dynamic and fast-growing environment. As Operational Manager Hub & Crossdock you are responsible for the optimization of our hub and crossdock network and generating new ideas and processes. Are you ready for Action?
Action is one of the biggest non-food retailers in Europe with over 1600 stores and various warehouses, hub and crossdock locations. Our growth means also an increase in size and complexity of our supply chain. As Operational Manager Hub & Crossdock you are responsible for the optimization and party of the expansion of our hub and crossdock network. The daily operation in our hub and crossdock locations is run by our logistic service provider (LSP), as manager you monitor and optimize our logistic processes. You create and maintain good working relationships with our LSP, transport and the head office and challenge both Action and our LSP on agreed processes and KPI’s. Therefore, you’ll also visit the different locations in Europe occasionally. Furthermore, you’ll focus on continuous improvement of our processes by analyzing and implementing new ideas by working with ERP, EDI and TMS systems. Also, you’ll evaluate and report about the performance and budgets of the hub and crossdocks with various stakeholders. In this position there is room flexibility and own initiative.
As Operational Manager Hub & Crossdock you are part of the Inbound and Logistics team, where we focus on the operation, optimization and network expansion of our Direct Import and Hub & Crossdock. We collaborate cross functional with other departments such as Procurement, Financial Controlling and Supply Chain Engineers to ensure continuous improvement. Join!
As Operational Manager Hub & Crossdock you are organized, efficient and effective and like to work in a dynamic international environment with challenging deadlines. You know how to inspire and motivate others and maintain good relationships with colleagues and stakeholders. Next to that you stick to agreements and are able to make sure others do the same, are result oriented and know how to add structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as supply chain or logistics;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a relevant field, international and in retail is a pro;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of warehousing and business concepts;
- Experience with Change Management in an international environment;
- Good command in English.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
- Market based salary;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours);
- A travel allowance;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow.
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.