This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Experienced Legal Counsel Employment
In just 27 years, Action has grown from a single store in Enkhuizen to over 1600 stores across Europe, offering its customers surprising products at remarkably low prices. And Action continues to grow, it currently employs more than 50.000 employees of different backgrounds and talents and offers a challenging, dynamic and empowering place to work. Action’s work culture is driven by the same positive and no-nonsense attitude as can be found in its stores. Energy and a getting things done mentality are essential.
With the same spirit and mindset, Action Legal is truly part of and heavily involved in the Action business, from opening stores, establishing distribution centers and entering new markets to sourcing goods and services, developing commercial initiatives, and implementing HR strategies. Working for Action is a great experience and represents an opportunity for exciting new challenges.
Within Action’s Legal team we are looking for a seasoned Legal Counsel Employment, who is comfortable acting, both hands-on and more strategically, in a wide range of employment and labor related matters in a Dutch and (preferably) European context.
This is your daily action
As Legal Counsel Employment you be part of the Legal team at the International Headquarters of Action in Zwaagdijk (30 minutes’ drive from Amsterdam) and focus on all aspects of employment and labor related matters at both a domestic (the Netherlands) and European level. You will work closely with another experienced employment counsel in the Legal team and with the HR functions in the Netherlands, and where appropriate also the local HR managers and (inhouse/outside) legal specialists in the countries.
Your responsibilities are diverse and range from providing hands-on advice in individual employment issues (e.g. dismissals) and, implementing new legislation to developing state-of-the-art templates and policies. Giving presentations and training, participating in key HR/business projects, advising on social relations and collective labor matters, and reviewing contracts with HR related service providers (e.g. temp agencies) are an important part of your job as well.
Action’s rapid growth and its dynamic, down-to-earth business culture requires a legal professional who is pro-active, solution oriented and decisive. You proactively update HR and the business on new developments in the labor law domain and provide high quality yet practical, executable advice on HR matters and risks. You feel responsible for getting things done and helping the business to move forward and achieve its objectives.
Meet your team
You will be joining a Legal team that is positioned right at the heart of Action’s business and consists of six legal counsels and one paralegal, led by the Manager Legal. All members of the team share a passion to put their expertise and experience to practical use for the business and to look beyond the legal domain. The team works very closely with all functions and levels across the organization and you will be part of a vibrant and fun environment. So, do you want to see concrete results of your legal work within the dynamic and international retail industry? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members? Marije Zwaan and Rokus Hoogendoorn can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
You are a confident Dutch qualified lawyer, with 8+ years of relevant experience in a reputable law firm or, preferably, inhouse team.
- Excellent knowledge of and broad experience in Dutch employment and labor law; ideally, also some experience with employment and labor matters in an international context;
- Experience in contracting matters (drafting, reviewing, negotiating) is strongly preferred;
- Experience working within a fast-paced commercial environment; retail industry experience is a plus but not essential;
- Fluency in Dutch and English (additional languages are a plus);
- Self-starter and independent thinker with strong business sense and strategic judgment;
- Hands-on, pragmatic and ability to follow through;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to develop relationships and partner collaboratively with all stakeholders.
What we offer
- A competitive salary (based on 38 hrs/wk.);
- Enthusiastic and professional colleagues;
- A company car, laptop and mobile phone
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action.
Personal Growth Opportunities
As Action is evolving and expanding rapidly throughout Europe, our teams are growing at the same pace and there are multiple opportunities for personal growth.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!