This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Finance Application Analyst
Full-time, 38 hours a week
As a Finance Application Analyst at Action, you will enjoy unprecedented growth opportunities, technical challenges, make an impact on an international level, and much more in a wide-ranging position. You will work on IT management and development across our entire finance domain. This is quite a challenge, especially when you consider that Action has more than 2,000 stores across Europe, from the Netherlands to the Czech Republic and France. And more countries may well be still to come in the future. Are you interested in joining us on our journey?
Your daily tasks
You will bring added value as you understand applications and how the business uses them.This makes you the ideal functional manager for SAP Ariba, SAP VIM, Medius and Hyperion, essential applications within the finance domain. Together with technology suppliers, you will ensure that we can handle growth, translate business requirements into application requirements and analyse issues. You will analyse the impact and ensure successful realisation of change requests together with the relevant suppliers and the business. You will also set priorities, determine testing and training requirements and assess whether implementation in standard software is possible.
As an Application Analyst, you will be involved in many initiatives together with our Solution Architect and Service Delivery Manager. Each project has its own challenges. Whether you are implementing SAP Ariba or preparing the financial systems for expansion into new countries, you will be responsible for the planning, execution and budget together with the project manager. You will be a permanent sparring partner for the business with a view to offering even more added value.
Teamwork is also high on your agenda. You will coordinate priorities together with team members, key users and other stakeholders. If you notice conflicting priorities, you will come up with an alternative that everyone can support. You will also make an inventory of the business needs and keep an eye out for opportunities to improve our applications.
Action provides a dynamic working environment and is made up of committed, cost-conscious, customer-oriented and culturally diverse people. We enjoy working as a team and live our corporate values with simplicity in everything we do. Our Technology department adds value with centralised teams for Enterprise Architecture, IT Project & Portfolio Management, Development & Operations and multiple Business Technology (BizTech) teams.
Within the BizTech team for Supply Chain, Buying, Merchandise and Finance, we implement the initiatives on the technology roadmap and use technology to support our business objectives. You will also be responsible for managing the systems for your daily activities.
As a Finance Application Analyst, you will be involved in these initiatives and consult with your team, your business counterpart, Solution Architect and the Service Delivery Manager on how to ensure an optimal solution for our users.
You will report to the Service Delivery Manager and work at the international headquarters in Zwaagdijk.
What you offer
You are confident, a good communicator and proactive. You are organised in your work, which means that you meet the agreed deadlines and observe guidelines. You are actively committed to achieving results and take a pragmatic approach. Working under time pressure only triggers you to work as efficiently as possible both independently and as part of a team.
You also have the following:
- A college or university degree, preferably in information technology
- At least three years' relevant work experience in IT
- Knowledge of finance processes and/or systems is an asset
- You are very customer-oriented and strong in stakeholder management
- You understand business processes and problems quickly and can communicate your insights in clear language
- You are able to take on a coordinating or leading role
- You are known as an enthusiastic team player with an agile mindset
- You have a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (both spoken and written)
What we offer
We open stores at home and abroad on a weekly basis. This growth makes Action a successful, rapidly developing organisation. With the department expected to expand even further, there are plenty of career development opportunities.
- A competitive salary based on a 38-hour week
- A bonus scheme from 5% to 10% based on personal and business targets
- 24 paid leave days (based on 38 hours a week)
- The option to join a collective health insurance policy
- A 15% staff discount on Action products
- Flexible working hours
- A company laptop and smartphone
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!