This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
32-38 hours a week
Within our Housing Team we are specialized in the financial administration around our properties in 10 different countries. New countries are also planned for the coming years. Do you want to grow and develop with Action? Would you like to work with rents, utilities and assets? Then we are looking for you!
This is your Daily action
As a GL Accountant you are part of the Financial Shared Service Center and you report to the Housing Team Leader. You are responsible for accurate and up-to-date accounting. To do so, you will analyze the fixed asset registers along with assets under construction to allow for timely and accurate accounting.
In addition, you will support the respective construction and real estate project managers in key capital expenditure related business activities. This means that you will provide analysis on what has been approved and present on the AUC (assets under contraction) account. You are also responsible for communicating with stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis, where you provide insight and updates on current procedures. You monitor outstanding fixed asset related items for all stores and distribution centers and support the invoice approval process in accordance with Action’s accounting policy. We review 300-400 invoices per week within the team, with the vast majority not requiring any intervention.
What makes this role so exciting? Well, the scope of the role isn’t limited to finance and fixed assets but the wider group framework. In this role, you are the point of contact for investment expenditure and the accurate administration thereof. This requires daily contact with the relevant departments within Action which asserts ownership, initiative and exposure in a fast growing company. If you are a motivated team player with strong accounting knowledge, who understands the complexity of a multinational company and enjoys an ever-dynamic environment, then this might be your next challenge!
Meet your team
Our Finance department currently consists of around 90 specialists in various roles. Our Financial Shared Service Centre is responsible for all financial affairs of our international organization. Our Treasury team manages all our cash flows and our Fiscal team takes care of anything tax related. Business Controlling supports the business by providing financial advice with respect to our store operations, commercial control, supply chain and financial control. We provide important management information as well as challenge the business with our analyses to further our process optimization. Do you want to work in the dynamic retail industry, in a young department with a wealth of (international) growth opportunities? Take Action!
This is you
A GL Accountant at Action is stress resistant, flexible, proactive, has analytical skills and can function well within a team. In addition, you have a great sense of responsibility and you keep an overview during busy and hectic periods. You are strong in communication, which ensures good cooperation with other teams and stakeholders.
- HBO working and thinking level and education in the direction of Finance
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years accounting work experience in a finance department
- Experience with accounting systems, SAP FI / CO are an advantage
- Good command of Microsoft Excel
- Good command of the English language, knowledge of other European languages is an advantage
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has more than 2.000 stores in 10 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues continuously. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- Market based-salary
- 24 vacation days with the option of purchasing 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week)
- Travel allowance and company laptop
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy
- The option to work 3 from the 5 days from home
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
At Action, integrity is of great importance to us. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your recruiter for more information.