This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Full-time, 38 hours a week
Are you commercially minded and looking for a job where you can make an impact? Join our buying team as a Buying Assistant, get started on one of our product groups and see how much fun it is to have a direct impact on the assortment!
Your daily tasks
Our buyers are responsible for finding the best products for our stores. Our stores have 14 categories, ranging from office supplies and cleaning products to DIY. As a Buying Assistant you get a lot of freedom and responsibility to build the assortment of your category. You do this by supporting the buyers in the purchase process from A to Z. For example, looking at patterns, making agreements with suppliers, finding coordination with our Supply Chain, and sparring with Marketing and Promo. You will also take on administrative tasks.
In this dynamic role, you will have an overview and will have plenty of scope to cooperate within the Buying team. As a true all-rounder, you will ensure smooth-running procurement processes, up-to-date administration and commercial insight. To maintain high quality, you will organise and visit stores, check samples received, and maintain contact with our national and international suppliers.
Our department consists of the Buying, Direct Sourcing, Commercial Planning and Quality sections. We are constantly looking for new articles to excite our customers. We also negotiate with suppliers, analyse sales to see what sells well, and create promotions such as weekly offers or seasonal offers.
We regularly visit our stores and those of our competitors to learn what's happening. We also cooperate extensively with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Legal departments. Are you up for the challenge of continuously surprising our customers with a large and diverse assortment? Come and strengthen our team!
What you offer
You enjoy making arrangements and make sure that everything runs smoothly and is accurately recorded. You prefer to work in a dynamic and developing environment where you need to respond quickly and pick up on several things at the same time. You have strong organisational and communication skills that will help you run processes smoothly and have a sharp, fresh, commercial attitude.
You also have the following:
- Graduated higher professional education in a commercial field
- 2-5 years’ experience in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of systems, such as Excel, SAP or Microsoft Office
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbal and written
What we offer
- A job at the international headquarters of a dynamic company with plenty of scope for development
- A competitive salary based on a 38-hour working week
- 24 days holiday, with the option to purchase 5 extra days based on a 38-hour working week
- A company laptop and smartphone
- 15% employee discount on your purchases at Action;
- An extensive range of training courses and programmes at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment seriously. That is why we seek to invest in solutions that reduce the environmental impact and improve manufacturing conditions in the countries in which we have stores and manufacture products. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
What happens next
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We will invite you to an initial job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to complete an online assessment.
- We will invite you to a second interview and discuss your assessment and more.
- If we are both happy, we will become new colleagues!
COVID-19 has recently forced us to look at new ways of working. Of course, the health, safety and welfare of our employees are paramount. Presently, most teams are working in a hybrid form. This means they can work from home or in the office, depending on business needs and personal preferences.