This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
General ledger controller – Supply Chain
(Full-time, 38 hours a week)
Action’s Finance department is expanding! We are looking for a solid and pro-active General ledger controller – Supply Chain that likes to crunch the numbers and ensure the financial figures are reported in an accurate and timely manner. If you love to do thorough analysis, improve processes and conduct timely and accurate period closings than this might be your job! We offer you the opportunity to work closely together with the Supply Chain control team and create valuable insights in the financial performance of the Supply Chain of Action.
This is your daily action
As part of the general ledger control team within Finance Services, you will dive into executing and managing the monthly closures and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. You will ensure that any abnormalities are spotted and resolved. Furthermore, you will prepare, validate and discuss accruals and conduct the initial P&L analysis for the logistic entities and discuss this with your counterpart at Supply Chain control. In this position, you will support changes in the status quo and work closely with your colleagues in taking the department to the next level.
You will have a lot of contact with colleagues from the Supply Chain Business control team and with financial controllers in our headquarters and in the country/entities that you are responsible for.
The great thing about this position is that you will have plenty of room to suggest and implement improvements in the accounting process as well as take part in improvement projects such as SAP Ariba (Source to Pay), SAP Blackline (balance sheet reconciliations) and SAP 4HANA (new ERP system). Action is a fast growing organisation, which means that we are always working on optimizing our systems and processes and your input will be very welcome.
Meet your team
More than 90 specialists work in various roles in the Finance department. Group Finance, that you will be part of, services the complete administration of our international organization. Supply Chain and Operational business control translate financial and non-financial figures into concrete analysis and advice for the operational departments like Store Operations, Commercial, Real Estate and Supply Chain. Do you want to work within the dynamics of the retail industry, for a fast growing company and in a vibrant department with plenty of international growth opportunities? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members? Elif, Dennis, Sandra and the rest of the team can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
As a General ledger controller, you are flexible and proactive. You enjoy working together as part of a team and have a strong analytical mind. In addition, you have a great sense of responsibility and maintain an overview during busy and hectic periods. You also have a natural drive to improve processes on a continuous basis.
You also have the following:
- A higher professional education (HBO) in the area of MBA, SPD or accountancy
- At least five years' accounting experience in a finance department
- Experience with salary journal entries and their reconciliation
- Experience in general ledger accounting activities
- Experience with SAP ERP, Hyperion, blackline and/or Ariba is a plus
- A good command of English (both written and spoken), Dutch and other languages are a plus
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has more than 2.000 stores in 10 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus between 7.5 - 15% based on personal and business goals
- 24 vacation days, with the option to purchase 5 extra days based on a 38-hour work week
- Travel allowance
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- Extensive range of education and training at our own Action Academy
- Working in a vibrant and fun team
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
At Action, integrity is of great importance to us. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your recruiter for more information.