This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
As a GL Controller you are able to independently take care of accounting matters. Your tasks vary from accurate accounting to giving support for the preparation of reports. You do this together with your colleagues, whereas everyone is responsible for a number of national and / or international entities. Your responsibility mainly focuses on new countries with an important role in setting up financial processes and procedures.
This is your daily Action
As a GL Controller, you are part of the Financial Control Team and you report to the GL Control Team Lead. You are responsible for accurate and up-to-date accounting, and based on this you analyze the financial processes. In this role you will be responsible for our new countries, such as Italy and Spain. Therefore, you mainly advise on setting up certain processes and procedures and supervise their implementation.
On a daily basis you are involved in topics like the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and drawing up balance sheet specifications. During the periodic close you set up accruals, you do the first analyses and the final result is determined in close consultation with the country controllers. You prepare PBC lists and check the submission of documents in preparation for the annual audits. You also participate in departmental projects, support within the Financial Control Team and share your knowledge. In addition to payroll reconciliation, VAT reconciliation, assessing delivered balance reconciliations, you also perform internal audit controls.
In your work you have a lot of internal contact with colleagues from the tax department, the financial controllers at the head office and in the countries; this also means visits to the country offices. You have, and maintain, external contact with auditors and regulatory authorities.
Meet your team
Our Finance department currently consists of around 70 specialists in various roles. Our Financial Shared Service Centre is responsible for all financial affairs of our international organisation. Our Treasury team manages all our cash flows and our Fiscal team takes care of anything tax related. Business Controlling supports the business by providing financial advice with respect to our store operations, commercial control, supply chain and financial control. We provide important management information as well as challenge the business with our analyses to further optimize our processes. Do you want to work in the dynamic retail industry, in a young department with a wealth of (international) growth opportunities? Take Action!
This is you
A GL Controller at Action is stress resistant, flexible, proactive, has analytical skills and can function well within a team. In addition, you have a great sense of responsibility and you keep an overview during busy and hectic periods.
- HBO level and education towards MBA or SPD;
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years accounting work experience in a finance department;
- Experience with accounting systems;
- Good command of English, knowledge of other European languages is an advantage.
What we offer
- Annual bonus based on personal and business goals
- 24 paid vacation days with the option of purchasing 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week).
- Travel allowance
- Company laptop and smartphone
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!