This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
HR Intranet Expert
Fulltime, 38 hours per week
As HR Intranet Expert you’ll ensure that all HR-information is up-to-date on our intranet and Sharepoint environments. As main point of contact you’ll be in touch with the different HR content owners. Your responsibility is to maintain a logicially structured, efficient and uniform way of knowledge management in our systems. Also, in this role you’ll actively take part in optimization projects.
This is your daily Action
As HR Intranet Expert you are part of the HR Services and report to the the Manager HR Information Systems. The HRIS Development team is responsible for all HR systems at Action, such as our intranet Anet, SAP SuccessFactors, Kronos, Top Desk and the HRSS SharePoint. Your main focus is to coordinate all activities necessary for the maintenance of HR information and act as single point of contact towards all different HR content owners and other stakeholders. You improve the way of working with these systems for all Action countries. This means that you’ll organize the content, implement logical structures and create an uniform layout. When new content must be added to the platforms, you make sure that the content matches the look and feel. There is lots of room for own initiative in how to structure and improve knowledge management in HR. If you love creating structure, documenting and managing HR information, this role is for you!
Meet your team
Action has grown so rapidly that we have set out to transform our HR department into a strategic ‘centre of excellence’. Within our department, Recruitment is responsible for recruiting new Action employees for our international headquarters and our Dutch country office. Compensation & Benefits is responsible for anything related to salary, bonuses, lease cars and other employment conditions. People Development organises training courses for colleagues working at our stores and distribution centres. HR Projects develops various projects aimed at increasing the added value of our HR department to the Action organisation and our Shared Service Centre provides various services to our country offices including payrolling. Finally, each support department has its own HR Business Partner focused on employee recruitment, internal and external mobility and departures and acts as an interface between the departments and our overarching HR team. Do you want to contribute your ideas to help further the professionalisation of our HR organisation?
Curious about your new team members? Pascal Meilink, Noortje van Straalen, and Marissa Jong can’t wait to work with you!
Our main priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers. Therefore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we ask you to work remotely. Whenever possible, the location of this position will return to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with your colleagues. This also means that all interviews for this position are done digitally via video calls.
This is you
You are an absolute go getter and have a proactive attitude. You like to add structure and get excited when everything is logical and well organized. When it comes to systems, you easily know your way around them. Next to that, you have strong communicative skills which allow you to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and advise them regarding knowledge management and HR processes. Words that describe you are driven, energetic, and a highly motivated individual that is hands on.
- A completed study in the direction of HR, Business Organization or other relevant fields;
- 2 - 5 years of relevant working experience in HR, processes or interested in knowledge management, preferably at a comparable organization in retail or consumer goods;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office;
- You have excellent command of English, both in word and in writing.
What we offer
- A one-year contract with the possibility to extend to a permanent contract;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours);
- A travel allowance;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products.
A few examples:
- We aim to use more and more sustainable raw materials. Already 73% of our cotton products are sustainably sourced and 60% or our paper and wooden products come from sustainable timber. In 2025 this will be 100%.
- Yearly we perform audits in our factories in Asia to check the compliance with our Ethical Sourcing Policy which ensures a responsible social and environmental approach to manufacturing.
- We help to create safe homes for more than 1,500 children in SOS Children's Villages.
- In the stores and DC’s we reduce as much energy and emissions as possible by using LED lighting, optimizing our energy usage constantly and choosing more and more for renewable energy sources like solar panels or biodiesel.
- Our people are at the heart of our success. We believe in the power of education and personal development, in giving people the opportunity to grow both professionally and as human beings. For example with our Action Academy, where we offer employees to develop themselves. In 2020 we created 5000 new jobs, over 1500 colleagues made an internal promotion and over 27,000 employees received training.
- Our team is almost as diverse as our assortment. In 2020, over 50.000 employees with 125 nationalities made sure Action runs smoothly.
- In our stores and DC’s we recycle all our plastic and transport packaging. And we reduce our plastic use in our product packaging.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!