This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
In this role you are responsible for the development and management of Actions Store Format in all existing and new markets. Your goal is to make sure the format of our stores is the same across all markets despite local legislations or insights. One of Action’s Values is simplicity. You use this value to develop and implemented in an excellent, fast and cost efficient way.
The international format manager is physically present at the HQ and works on a daily base together with a dedicated team consisting of Store Format Specialists, Format Development Specialists, Merchandisers and our central and local Real Estate teams to direct to further development, optimization and innovation of the format.
- Validate all new stores of Action against format guidelines
- Create and keeps format guidelines in the format book
- Validate every new store in cooperation with Real Estate
- Are responsible for the blueprint per store (new and existing stores)
- Align with expansion team to further develop blueprints
- Develop the format as agreed in the business plan
- Generate new ideas to further improve the customer experience while being very cost-efficient
- Responsible to deliver new format concepts
- Responsible to further develop format
- Responsible to further develop commercial store equipment
- Act as a cross functional project management within our teams.
- Create the right focus for the commercial department.
- Track and monitor the performance of the stores versus plan
Automation of Floor planning
- This is a new project within Action is on our roadmap for the future. You will act as a business owner for the IT implementation and make sure that after implementation higher level of insights is used to improve blueprints and agility is secured
Commerce consists of the Commercial Operations and Commercial Development departments. Commercial Operations ensures that our buying activities are processed properly, and all data is accurately fed into our systems. These activities are vital in managing our operations, since our logistic, digital and marketing activities depend on it. Commercial Development safeguards our store format and is focused on optimising the way in which we get the customer to find our products in our stores. This involves analysing the format and layout of our stores, shelf layout, determining what items are promoted as well as monitoring the competitiveness of our pricing.
Do you want to benefit from the opportunities offered by a commercial winner in the dynamic retail industry? Take Action!
You are a team worker with an great working attitude towards your co-workers. You developed in your former work a strong customer oriented, and cost consciousness way of working, what helps you to develop the most innovative, efficient, but still simple formats.
- An Master degree: preferably in a commercial direction
- At least 5 years of experience in a key role within format/formula management.
- Experience in an international (retail) organization
- Good command of English
- You have the willingness to travel (if this is save due corona)
- Definite contract for 1 year, with the option to extend with an indefinite contract
- A 38 hour working week with flexible working hours
- Anual bonusses between 5% - 10%
- Lease car Category c
- A Long Term Incentive Bonus
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours), with the option to buy 5 extra days a year
- A travel allowance
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
- Jorieke Hogeland will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.