This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
IT Security Specialist
Full-time, 38 hours
Action Technology is hiring an IT Security Specialist!
As an IT Security Expert, you are part of the Information Security team that is responsible for overseeing the IT security state of Action and helps to manage the ever increasing cyber threats. Are you an all-round security professional that likes to work on a wide variety of subjects in a fast moving environment? Do you possess a high degree of pragmatism and a no-nonsense attitude? Then we would like to know more about you!
This is your daily action
The security team deals with all aspects of Information Security over the axes of People, Processes and Technology. You will contribute to improving the maturity of our cyber capabilities in accordance with the NIST Cyber Security Framework . As a Security Expert you will participate in projects to ensure security by design, manage emerging threats and incidents, and help the IT service delivery teams to be prepared in case incidents occur, drive the execution of security roadmap initiatives, ask critical questions and dive into details if needed. From strategy to operations and everything in between.
Meet your team
Action provides a positive workplace and consists of committed, cost-conscious, customer-oriented and culturally diverse people. We enjoy working as a team and live our corporate values with simplicity in everything we do. Our Technology department adds value with centralised teams for Enterprise Architecture, IT Project & Portfolio Management, Development & Operations and multiple Business Technology (BizTech) teams. You are part of the Technology & IT Management Team and you ensure practical innovations with your clear vision.
The IT Security Specialist is part of the IT security team and reports to the Manager IT Security. The team consists of 4 people and is expanding. You will work closely together with the Risk Management department.
To achieve our expansion goals, we seek out the best talent. Is that you and do you want to work on challenging projects with state-of-the-art technology? Then come and work with us.
Reporting to Matt Stolwijk, your position will be at our international headquarters.
This is you
You think in conceptual, functional and long term solutions. You have a decent technological background and are able to translate technical and complex situations to ‘business language’. You are a team player, with drive and excellent social skills with a high level of pragmatism and influence capabilities. You are organized, you recognize (business) patterns, stick to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines. You work efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure and in a fast pace environment In addition, you are goal focussed instead of task driven and you are able to take initiative.
You also have the following:
- Completed a college or university education, preferably in information technology, computer science or another IT-technical education
- Preferably with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the Information Security field.
- You have been working in the Netherlands at least 2 years and have affinity with Dutch culture and working approach.
- CISSP and CISM certification is preferred.
- Solid understanding of and experience with internationally accepted frameworks and standards such as ISO27K, NIST Cyber Security Framework, CIS, etc.
What we offer
We open shops at home and abroad on a weekly basis. This growth makes Action a successful, rapidly developing organisation. The department is expected to expand even more, so there are plenty of opportunities for further development.
- Competitive salary based on a 38-hour week
- Bonus scheme from 5% to 10% based on personal and business objectives
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours per week)
- Option to join a collective health insurance policy
- 15% staff discount on Action products
- Flexible working hours
- Company laptop and phone
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
- Working at a dynamic, international organization with many career opportunities
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we are aware of the impact on society and the environment. That is why we like to invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment. And we ensure sustainable production conditions that support people in the countries where we have shops and produce products. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now! Want to know more?
- Our recruiter will review your application and come back to you as soon as possible.
- We will invite you to a first interview.
- We would like to get to know you better and ask you to complete an online assessment.
- We invite you to a second interview and discuss your assessment.
- Are we still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
COVID-19 has recently forced us to look at new ways of working. The health, safety and well-being of our employees is of course a priority. Currently, most teams operate in a hybrid form. As a result, depending on business needs and personal preferences, they work both at home and in the office. We will further shape this after September 2021.