This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
“A Junior Buyer at Action is looking daily for the best items at optimal buying conditions. Thanks to your sharp insights & customer focus, you are able to create an attractive range in more than 1,600 stores in 8 different countries. ”
Your goal as a Junior Buyer is to support the Buyer during the buying process and to implement the category strategy within the category, leading to increasing sales results, profit and market share.
As a Junior Buyer you are part of the Buying department and you work closely with the Buyer of our successful Personal Care product group. The activities are aimed at supporting buying from A to Z of our diverse range, such as products for hair, body and make-up.
As a Junior Buyer you bear a great responsibility in the composition of the range. You discuss with the Buyer the best route and strategy to serve the customer. Because you are constantly looking for new items and know where the demand is, your influence is great on what will ultimately be in the stores.
Furthermore, you prepare negotiations with (potential) suppliers & together with the stock planning department you ensure that your articles are always in stock in our distribution centers. You keep a close eye on the market, so you ensure that Action can continue to guarantee the lowest price in the 8 countries in which we are currently active.
- Implementing the category strategy for the relevant product group;
- Implementing the pricing and promotion policy; you work together with the relevant departments to implement the pricing and promotion policy in consultation;
- Implementing strategy in the field of quality and sustainability, monitoring the purchasing process and identifying and reporting deviations;
- Executing strategy in the field of merchandising; you work together with the relevant department to implement the strategy of the article presentation in consultation;
- Implementing strategy in the field of marketing and digital; you work together with the relevant department to implement the strategy for marketing and digital in consultation;
- Monitoring and analyzing a fixed assortment with the aim of re-ordering the correct items in time;
- (Co) carrying out operational purchasing and negotiating, within the set frameworks, about the most favorable price and conditions;
- The activities are carried out in the structure of the drawn up weekly, monthly and annual plan.
- Develop, maintain and expand excellent relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Monitoring the stock for the relevant product group in the various distribution centers;
- Analyzing and executing actions in close collaboration with Supply Chain Planning with the aim of achieving an optimal stock and delivery rate;
- Identifying and discussing ad hoc actions to respond adequately to commercial opportunities, eg the delivery of weather-related articles in the event of a changing weather forecast;
- Collaborates with inventory planners to increase product availability from suppliers;
- Works together with the (direct import) planners for an optimal delivery rate of the direct import articles.
Market research and product development
- Conducting market research; based on various sources, including store visits, online and mapping consumer behavior, trends and developments;
- Translate market research into concrete commercial plans, promotions and assortment;
- Assess and follow up on the newly offered products.
Our department consists of the following units: Buying, Direct Sourcing, Commercial Planning and Quality. We are continuously scouring the market for new items to surprise our customers, negotiate with suppliers, analyse revenues to find out what is selling and what is not, and create promotions such as weekly or seasonal discounts. We visit our stores (and those of our competitors;) on a regular basis to maintain a feel for what is going on.
The Junior Buyer is part of the Buying department and reports to one of the Buyers within a category. The Junior Buyer works together with, the Purchase Assistant, Supply Chain, Stock and Demand Planning, Commercial Operations, Commercial Development, Marketing, Shops and Finance.
Will you join us on our challenge to keep surprising our customers with a large and diverse assortment? Take Action!
A Junior Buyer at Action is commercial, cost-conscious and feels at home in an international dynamic environment. You have a great sense of responsibility and you enjoy working in a team. In addition, you are assertive and analytically strong and you work hard to achieve what you want. Communication is also one of your strengths, you can translate sales data into (new) products without any problems.
You also have experience in Retail or at a supplier (sales) and you have an affinity with the products within Personal Care. You can think of baby care, cosmetics, and for example hair care. The ideal candidate has entrepreneurship in his blood and has already gained some commercial experience.
Furthermore you have
- HBO / WO level in a commercial, Retail-related education;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, Retail / Buying;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written;
- Knowledge of the French and / or German language is an advantage.
- Initially a fixed-term contract;
- Attractive salary based on a 38-hour working week;
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours per week);
- Possibility to participate in a collective health insurance;
- A good pension scheme;
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy;
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter Jorieke Hogeland will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.