This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Legal Counsel Contracting and Procurement (Fulltime 38h)
In just 27 years, Action has grown from a single store in Enkhuizen to over 1600 stores across Europe, offering its customers surprising products at remarkably low prices. And Action continues to grow, it currently employs more than 50.000 employees of different backgrounds and talents and offers a challenging, dynamic and empowering place to work. Action’s work culture is driven by the same positive and no-nonsense attitude as can be found in its stores. Energy and a getting things done mentality are essential.
With the same spirit and mindset, Action Legal is truly part of and heavily involved in the Action business: from opening stores, establishing distribution centers and entering new markets to sourcing goods and services, developing commercial initiatives, and implementing HR strategies. Working for Action Legal is a great experience and represents an opportunity for exciting new challenges.
We are looking to expand Action’s Legal team with a seasoned Legal Counsel Contracting and Procurement, who is comfortable dealing with, both hands-on and more strategically, a wide array of contracts of differing complexity, in particular related to the procurement of (not-for-resale) goods and services in both a domestic and international context.
This is your daily action
As Legal Counsel Contracting and Procurement you will be part of the Legal team at the International Headquarters of Action in Zwaagdijk (30 minutes’ drive from Amsterdam), the Netherlands. The team consists (including you) of six legal counsels and one paralegal, led by the Manager Legal.
In this new position you will focus on strategic and high value contracts for the procurement of (not-for-resale) goods and services (including IT and technology) for the Action group and the legal support of other key business transactions and projects. Your work also includes advising on claims, disputes, legislation and compliance matters, as well as providing legal training to Action staff. In addition, you may be required to provide direct support on matters related to the real estate, commerce or supply chain functions. This all at both a domestic and European level.
You will work closely with your colleagues in the Legal team - particularly those responsible for real estate, commerce, and supply chain - and with the group wide Procurement department in the Netherlands, and where appropriate also the various local functions in the countries.
Action’s dynamic, down-to-earth business culture requires a firm legal professional who is pro-active, solution oriented and decisive. You feel responsible for getting things done and helping the business to move forward and achieve its objectives.
Meet your team
You will be joining a Legal team that is positioned right at the heart of Action’s business and shares a passion to put its expertise and experience to practical use for the business and to look beyond its legal domain. The team works very closely with all functions and levels across the organization and you will be part of a vibrant and fun environment. So, do you want to see concrete results of your legal work within the dynamic and international retail industry? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members? Rokus Hoogendoorn and Marije Zwaan can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
You are a Dutch qualified lawyer, with 8+ years of relevant experience in a reputable law firm or, preferably, inhouse team.
- Experience with (drafting of) contracts of varying nature and complexity, including IT contracts;
- Experience working within a fast-paced international commercial environment;
- Fluency in Dutch and English (additional languages are a plus);
- Excellent (English) drafting skills with good balance of attention to detail and big picture thinking;
- Strong business sense, decisive and ability to make judgment calls;
- Hands-on, pragmatic and ability to follow through;
- Great communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to influence and build relationships.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to work in a successful company with a dynamic, fast growing business and a legal team that is really in the midst of the Action? Apply now!
What we offer
- A competitive fixed and variable salary (based on 38 hrs/wk.);
- A company car, laptop and mobile phone
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!