This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Manager External Communications, Content & Tools
Action’s communication team is expanding! As our brand new Manager External Communications & Tools, you will be responsible for the development and execution of our external communication campaigns and plans in order to build a strong reputation towards all stakeholders. As the Manager of your team of Project Managers you develop all our companywide communications content & activities; and make these specific for use in the various countries in close cooperation with the Country Communications Managers.
Within our no-nonsense company culture, you are result-oriented and you like to solve issues. It is your second nature to structure activities and projects and to make agreements within deadlines and according to the guidelines.
This is your daily action
Your main tasks:
- Plan and implement the company’s external communication strategy.
- Initiate, design and manage communications projects, tools and events according to the communication strategy
- Proactively contribute to strengthening the company reputation, issue advice on request or at own initiative on a strategic level
- Actively identify the wishes and needs of the internal customers and deliver, where possible, even more or quicker than was agreed or expected
- Always look for ways to improve the communication processes.
- Create and manage planning and execution of external communication projects and contribute to the realisation of the objectives
- set and monitor budgets
Meet your team
The Communications department is responsible for all internal and external communication from Action to various target groups. From our international headquarters, we develop the communication strategy and manage all media activities such as press releases, interviews and press events at important highlights. We coordinate all internal communication, internal events and internal branding activities and support other departments such as HR, IT, Real Estate and Supply Chain in communicating about projects and developments. We also develop standard communication materials that serve as a basis for communication in the various countries where we operate. In carrying out these activities, we work closely with colleagues and PR agencies in the countries where we are located.
Do you want to work within the dynamics of the retail sector, in a department where there is always something going on and at a company with plenty of (international) growth opportunities? Take Action!
Curious about your new colleagues? Yvette and Inge can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
As our Manager External Communications you are a great people Manager, an entrepreneurial, proactive professional that executes with a certain pace of urgency. You work effectively with others to achieve common target and you have the capability to adapt easily to all levels within and outside our company to achieve common targets together. You are very organised and able to structure activities and projects. You always stick to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines. You have the ability to temporarily replace/act as “second in command” for the Communications Director if necessary.
- 10 years of relevant experience in an international or retail organization
- A University Degree in Communications, Journalism or another relevant area (e.g. Economics, Business)
- Good/excellent oral and written proficiency in English and one or more other European languages
What we offer
- 24 holiday days per calendar year and the option to purchase 5 additional holiday
- days (based on fulltime employment);
- Company car or travel allowance;
- Company laptop and smartphone;
- 15% staff discount on Action products;
- 7,5-15% annual bonus based on personal performance and company performance
- Participation in our Long Term Incentive plan
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
Jorieke Hogeland, Recruiter, will review your application and get back to you as soon as
possible. When you are selected, we will invite you for a first interview to get to know
you better. If we are both enthusiastic, we will invite you for a second interview and we
will also ask you to make an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we'll
make you an offer you can't refuse!