This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
IT Digital Manager
At Action, you will work in an environment focused on growth and one that's full of energy, drive and ambition – with more than 2,000 stores and an ever-increasing presence in Europe (as we're now in 10 countries). At Action, Digital strives to achieve the 'drive to store', meaning our customers receive relevant, inspiring information via our digital touchpoints ahead of their visit to our stores.
In order to be able to respond to our customers' requirements, BizTech Digital provides the technology and service delivery within the Digital organisation. We're looking for an experienced Tech Manager. If your goal is to work in an agile environment that's always on, customer-facing and with high traffic, high volume, growth and a European focus, to be close to customers and jointly responsible for achieving software solutions for web, app, customer experience and loyalty, the relatively young Digital arm within Action has undergone rapid change where product development and the agile way of working have reached a high level, but could always be better. In short, an environment where you can flourish as a Tech Manager and further refine your skills, where you take on challenges and look at where you can make a difference.
If you feel you have the right qualities to help contribute to our success, continue reading!
Your daily tasks
Together with the BizTech Digital Manager, you will develop and refine a Tech delivery vision on in-house development and ensure its gradual implementation whilst at the same time making sure the department runs smoothly. You will continue to optimise tasks in an agile environment and solve problems where required hand in hand with the scrum master and product owners. We consider the following to be core tasks:
- Developing the vision and striving to achieve in-house development
- Ensuring the team and staffing levels are well balanced
- Collaborating with scrum masters and product owners with a view to continuously improving
- Keeping in touch with team members and making sure they are happy in their field
- Facilitating self-organisation and autonomy within the teams, and monitoring these aspects
- Working with digital domain architects and team members on overarching topics
- Focusing on problem solving instead of problem management
- Keeping an eye on how things are going, and identifying current or future bottlenecks
- Taking decisions where necessary to ensure things run more smoothly
- Maintaining contact with sourcing partners and recruiters with regard to hiring
- Ensuring things are well organised and administration such as monitoring budgets and (light) financial responsibility
BizTech Digital & Marketing currently consists of four teams working on developing our digital products for our customers. The teams boast a mixture of .net developers, front-end (next.js), testers, UX, iOS and Android natives and scrum masters. They also count among their ranks specialists in the configuration of SAP CX systems (customer master data, email marketing, customer service and more). We are at a high level of maturity, have achieved a genuine continuous delivery state in several areas (multiple releases a day) and are always seeking to remove the technical debt/legacy with a view to moving to a full DevOps solution. All of the team members are senior professionals who want to improve and automate where possible each and every day. If you'd like to be part of our hidden gem, it's time to take action!
What you offer
We believe an IT Digital Manager at Action should have the following skills:
- An experienced agile thinker and doer who wants to continue to grow and is curious
- Experience of leadership and knowledge of how this can be shaped
- Not being beholden to agile frameworks; instead opting for what works
- A practical way of thinking combined with a smart way of doing things
- A good feel for the underlying communication and team dynamic; able to allow people to grow
- A fantastic combination of patience and determination to achieve results
- Strong from a conceptual and analytical perspective; a confident approach to technology
- Understands the 'old world' and is therefore able to establish links in processes and dependencies with ease
- Proficient in Dev and Ops, and takes a can-do approach with partners
- Happy to roll their sleeves up and takes a pragmatic and realistic approach; does what has to be done, even if it's not a fun part of the job
You should also have the following:
- Professional and intellectual capacities at a Master's or university level
- 5 to 10 years' relevant experience (in retail and/or the IT sector)
- 2 to 5 years' experience in a similar role; transformations would be an asset
- Broad experience with an agile way of working/implementations
- Domain knowledge of Digital & Marketing; knowledge of web, app and customer experience systems would be an asset
- Fluent in English and Dutch
What we offer
We open stores at home and abroad on a weekly basis. This rapid growth makes Action a successful organisation undergoing rapid development. With the department expected to expand even more, there are plenty of career development opportunities.
- A competitive salary based on a 38-hour week
- A bonus scheme from 7.5% to 15% based on personal and business targets
- 24 paid holidays (based on 38 hours a week)
- The option to join a collective health insurance policy
- A 15% staff discount on Action products
- Flexible location and working hours
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
If you are ready to take action, apply now!
What happens next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We will then invite you to an initial interview.
- We would like to get to know you better and, depending on the position, we may ask you to complete an online assessment.
- We will then invite you to a second interview and discuss your assessment. You may also meet one of your future colleagues.
- If we are both happy, we will make you an offer that you can't refuse!