This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Manager Privacy & Risk Management
Are you able to provide valuable insights to our management on risk and control performance and support our business teams solving and preventing risks related to financial reporting, privacy, information security, compliance and integrity? Do you have a specific interest in privacy and are you an organized and pragmatic professional with a hands-on mentality? As Action is now looking for a Manager Privacy & Risk Management, it is the perfect time to join our Risk Assurance team!
This is your daily action
The Manager Privacy & Risk Management leads the Risk Management team consisting of professionals with expertise in enterprise risk management, information security, business continuity, privacy, compliance and integrity and is actively involved in managing privacy risks. The Manager Privacy & Risk Management works in close cooperation with direct colleagues leading the Fraud and Store Security team or the Internal Audit team, and reports to the Director Risk Assurance.
As a Manager Privacy & Risk Management, you:
- Develop, periodically review and update information security, privacy, compliance and integrity policies and practices on strategic and tactical level, setting clear guidance to assist senior management to comply with these requirements and manage the associated risks on an ongoing basis.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure information security or data protection incidents within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved. You closely align with the Director Risk Assurance in the communication of incidents if they should be notified to enforcement agencies, including the Data Protection Authority, or impacted individuals involved and direct successful incident management including engagement of key stakeholders.
- Direct the Risk Management team in the execution of Risk Assessments such as Group Risk Assessments, Country Risk Assessments, Information Security Risk assessments and Compliance Risk Assessments.
- Advise (senior) management on request or on own initiative on enhancements and prioritization of risks and controls for executing business processes and new initiatives. You provide input for the design and implementation of controls, also incorporating financial reporting risks in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Direct the Risk Management team in the design, preparation and delivery of risk and control awareness activities such as e-learnings, trainings and phishing simulations.
- Discuss Risk and Control performance of our business teams with the Director Risk Assurance and present sections of Risk and Compliance Committee and Executive Board reporting.
Meet your team
Risk Assurance supports the Action business teams by identifying risks and defining and implementing measures to mitigate these risks. Our activities span the entire value chain, from product acquisition to product sales in our stores, across all countries of operation. Our Risk Management, Fraud and Store Security and Internal Audit teams, each composed of diverse specialists, provide us with all the in-house knowledge we need to support the Action’s business teams achieving their ambitions. Do you want to work in a highly dynamic retail organisation, a recently established department with a wealth of (international) growth opportunities? Take Action!
Our main priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers. Therefore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we ask you to work remotely. Whenever possible, the location of this position will return to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with your colleagues. This also means that all interviews for this position are done digitally via video calls.
This is you
As a Manager Privacy & Risk Management, you are proactive and execute with pace and urgency. You have excellent communication skills and know how to manage your stakeholders. You can translate risks in an easy to understand advice to the business teams.
Further you have a(n);
- Economic grade, WO level (master degree), supplemented with a completed post master education for RA or RE.
- Experience of at least 12 years in the domain of Risk Management, Internal Control and Administrative Organization, with at least a substantial number of years in Information Security Management, Business Continuity and/or Privacy Management.
- Solid understanding of Corporate Governance and Internal Control standards (van Manen, COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001, ISO27002, ISO22301, BS25999).
- Solid understanding of relevant Data Protection laws and regulations (GDPR).
- Knowledge of and experience in documentation systems for processes, risks and controls (BWise preferred);
- Preferred experience in the retail sector.
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing), fluency in French and German preferred.
What we offer
- Short & long-term incentive;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours), with the option to buy 5 extra days
- A company car, laptop and mobile phone
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Flexible working hours
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products. Here you can find some examples.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
Nelleke Moormann (Recruiter), will review your application and will get back to you in due course. When you are selected you will be invited for a first (online) job interview. When we are both enthusiast we will invite you for the second (online) interview. In that second interview we’d like to get to know you even better. To do so we will ask you to take an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
At Action we think integrity is of the utmost importance. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your Recruiter for more details.