This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Network and Infrastructure Solution Architect
Full-time; 38 hours
Action Technology is looking for a Network and Infrastructure Solution Architect. As a Solution Architect, you thrive in the field of networks, infrastructure, data centres and Azure. You are aware of the solutions in this field, define the guidelines, and ensure implementation of these environments with our suppliers. A good, stable network and infrastructure are crucial for our operations. If you feel you can add value to the Workplace Services team in this area and you enjoy working with motivated colleagues in a challenging environment, then we are looking forward to meeting you!
This is your daily action
At Workplace Services we implement our challenging roadmap, such as a new VPN solution for the modern workplace or a migration of our data centres to Azure. You will implement the network and infrastructure solutions that you came up with together with our suppliers. Your tasks will range from solving technical challenges to helping to define a network design for our distribution centres or offices. Working in this way allows you to keep innovating and come up with new solutions.
Our landscape is constantly being updated, and you will be in charge of putting the best solutions in place. You will schedule our plans and define the timeframes, and will also provide clear analyses and advice in terms of technology. You will consult with colleagues and suppliers to this end. Together, you will determine the best solution from an end-to-end perspective and how it contributes to our goals.
Meet your team
At Action, you will find a positive working atmosphere with an engaged, cost-conscious, customer-focused and culturally diverse team. We enjoy working together and living our company values with simplicitiy in everything we do. Our Technology Department works with specialist teams for Enterprise Architecture, IT Project & Portfolio Management, Development & Operations and multiple Business Technology (BizTech) teams. The Workplace Services and Infrastructure team is part of the BizTech Development and Operations team.
You will work in a flat organisation so you can quickly make a difference. As a result, your voice will not only be heard quickly in the team, but also in portfolio and strategy meetings. You will work as one team together with internal colleagues and specialists from our Office Automation partners.
We look for the best talent to achieve our expansion objectives. If that sounds like you and you want to work on challenging projects with state-of-the-art technologies, come and join our team!
This is you
You are familiar with the Network and Infrastructure and feel at home with the options, concepts and technology stacks. You understand the dynamics and division of responsibilities in an environment where much is outsourced to our partners. Furthermore, you understand the importance of security, availability, redundancy, data centres, Azure and ExpressRoutes. You will also help out where necessary if there are problems.
When you see that the scope extends beyond network and infrastructure alone, you enjoy talking with various stakeholders, building bridges, and making technical decisions.
You also have the following:
- A higher professional or university education, preferably in computer science, IT or another IT-related area
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in information technology and 3 years in the role of Network & Infrastructure Architect
- Proven experience in this field
- Experience with common network solutions, data centres, infrastructure and Azure
What we offer
- A one-year, full-time contract (38 hours a week), with the prospect of a permanent employment after one year
- An annual bonus between 5% and 10%
- 24 days of paid holiday
- Option to join a collective health insurance policy
- A 15% staff discount on Action articles
- A wide range of courses and training at our Action Academy
- Flexible working hours in coordination with your team and line manager
- You will work in a dynamic, international organisation with many career development opportunities
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment seriously. That is why we seek to invest in solutions that reduce the environmental impact and improve manufacturing conditions in the countries where we have stores and manufacture products. Click here for more information.
If you are ready to take action, apply now!
What happens next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We will invite you to an initial job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to complete an online assessment. We will invite you to a second interview and discuss your assessment.
- Are we still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
COVID-19 has recently forced us to look at new ways of working. Of course, the health, safety and welfare of our employees are a priority. Currently, most teams are working in a hybrid form. This means they can work from home or in the office, depending on business needs and personal preferences. We will continue to shape this after September 2021. This also means all interviews for this position will take place online. This position will be relocated to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk when this is possible. You will then have the opportunity to work with your colleagues face to face.