This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
(Full-time/Part-time, 32-38 hours per week)
Action has huge amounts of data, with more than 2,000 stores, 6,000 products and 500 new products every week. As an Online Merchandiser, you will have the chance to use this data to make all our products visible online. Doing so will make an impact on Action's international growth, the sale of products in our stores and our millions of customers. This role can be carried out from our headquarters in Noord-Holland and from home.
Your daily tasks
Your goal will be to promote the products through the most relevant channel. You will determine how we market a range of products to our customers based on marketing strategy, procurement and, above all, data, be it on the website, in the app or in newsletters featuring the latest offers. Among other things, you will take the lead on the search function algorithm, determine filters and indicate which recommendations appear under products. You will also implement the ROPO (research online, purchase offline) strategy.
This role at Action is interesting as you will work in a team under construction and your job is not yet set in stone, making it the perfect time to join. You will shape your own work to help you achieve your goals. In doing so, we will ensure you have the right tools and receive support from enthusiastic colleagues, such as marketing specialists or the content team. You will soon see that the data proves we surprise our customers time and time again.
With tens of millions of fans across Europe, we keep surprising them week after week. We are constantly expanding the Action brand using a data-driven approach and by working in agile teams. In Marketing and Digital, we are responsible for the marketing and communication strategy and its execution. We are building more and more digital visibility and interaction – from customer surveys to designing our award-winning leaflet in our own Action Studio, and from private labelling to webcare, the app and social media campaigns. Our biggest challenge is using one voice and one format, online and in more than 2,000 stores in 10 different countries. Learning new things every day and working with the nicest colleagues to make our popular brand even more successful is what makes us happy. Does this apply to you, too?
What you offer
You have an analytical mindset and enjoy working in a fast-growing, data-driven environment. You are motivated by finding out what drives consumers online. You can take your own decisions regarding what you need to do your job well. You find it easy to contact (international) colleagues from other departments and work well together.
You also have the following:
- A higher professional education as a minimum
- Experience with online merchandise in a retail environment
- Experience with analytics, marketing, CRO and SEO tools
- Experience with agile working would be an asset
- An excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written); an excellent command of Dutch is preferable
What we offer
Quite a lot, actually! From our bustling headquarters in the Netherlands, you'll have an impact across the whole of Europe. We're now up to more than 2,000 stores in 10 countries and millions of smiles from our customers – and we're not stopping there, with big growth ambitions for both Action and you. Because our growth means that you can always take new steps to develop as a professional, whether that means a different position, an interesting innovation project or new skills. And you can do all that in a culture where we truly live our shared values: customer focus, teamwork, simplicity, discipline, cost-consciousness and respect.
You can also count on Action for the following:
- A competitive salary based on a 38-hour week
- An annual bonus of between 5% and 10% based on achieving company and personal targets
- 24 days' holiday with the option to buy five additional days (based on 38 hours per week)
- A permanent contract // A temporary contract with the intention of offering you a permanent contract in the long term
- Flexible working hours and the option to spend up to 40% of your hours working from home (in coordination with your team and manager)
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
- A good pension scheme, collective health insurance and travel allowance (Zwaagdijk-Oost is reachable from Amsterdam by car in just 30 minutes on uncongested roads)
How we contribute to society
If you only know Action from the stores, a new world will open up for you when you join us. As an example, we're working hard behind the scenes to make a positive impact on society and the environment. Did you also know that we sponsor more than 2,000 children worldwide who are growing up in an SOS Children's Village? Or that our team reflects the diversity of our customers, representing 124 nationalities? Or that 70% of our wood products and 86% of our cotton already comes from sustainable sources? Or that we only use energy-efficient LED lighting in more than half of our stores? Yes, that's Action, too. If you're curious about what other initiatives we're taking, join our team and see for yourself.
We're proud to be an inclusive employer, and we warmly invite anyone who sees themselves in the vacancy to apply. So take action and respond to this vacancy now!
What happens next:
- Response to your application within 14 days (and usually earlier)
- First interview with a manager and a colleague
- Online assessment to get to know you better
- Second interview with your recruiter, among others
- Welcome to Action
Throughout the process, your recruiter is your permanent point of contact and is available to answer any questions you may have.
Integrity is very important to us. Pre-employment screening is therefore part of the process for this vacancy. Ask your recruiter for more information.