This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Online Merchandiser Lead
Zwaagdijk | 38 hours a week
Having taken the European retail market by storm, Action is in the middle of transforming its digital marketing with a data-driven approach geared to tailored customer experiences and content. Online merchandising being in its start-up phase, it’s up to you, as online merchandiser lead, to build and grow your team, and further boost our success. Are you ready for Action?
This is your daily action
Based on customer behaviour insights, you’ll deliver targeted digital shopping experiences across our channels, driving ROPO and e-commerce performance. In our owned channels you’ll secure the relevance of the content, time and again. To create a consistent omnichannel experience, you’ll work closely with colleagues responsible for our online channels and apps, UX and marketing communication in this hands-on role.
A new discipline, online merchandising is a start-up and you’ll be growing and leading your currently two-strong team. This means you’ll be responsible for hiring new colleagues, coaching your team and helping them develop their competencies, as well as enabling them with the right tooling and budgets. In addition, you coordinate the work of our suppliers.
In line with the digital department’s objectives, you’ll be devising and implementing the merchandising strategy, with which all campaigns must be fully aligned. You’ll also set the agile merchandising calendar. Guiding your team and content editors, you’re committed to increasing conversion rates, for instance by optimising product feeds, creating content based on customer segmentation, A/B testing and cross-selling. Continuous evaluation helps you improve the merchandising performance.
Meet your team
Your Online Merchandiser team is part of the currently thirty-strong multidisciplinary Digital Marketing domain. We’re responsible for all Action’s digital marketing communication, with disciplines ranging from SEA, CRO, SEO and social media to merchandising, web & app development, UX and customer insights. Continuously improving Action’s in-store and online performance is very much a team effort, in which you’ll play a key role. Ours is a fun, friendly and supportive environment: we help each other and our team grow. Together, we are delighting and surprising millions of customers every day!
This is you
Putting your analytical skills to good use, you drive online merchandising to boost ROPO and e-commerce conversion based on customer behaviour data and insights. You combine a keen interest in customer behaviour with a commercial mindset. And your coaching and communication skills help you inspire your team and the multidisciplinary stakeholders with whom you work closely.
You also have:
- Graduate-level ability or training.
- Demonstrable experience as a lead or merchandising manager in an omnichannel retail environment or at a pure player.
- A drive to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and learning new skills.
- Experience of coaching and managing teams.
- Excellent command of English, as you’ll be working with international teams and in international markets. Being based at our headquarters in the Netherlands, you would find some command of Dutch helpful.
What we offer
Working in an international environment, you get to team up with highly driven professionals. Action has some 2,000 stores in ten European countries and we open new stores every week. As Action grows, so do you. We offer plenty of career opportunities for you to evolve within our company.
- A market-based salary.
- 15% staff discount on Action products.
- 24 days of paid holiday (based on 38 hours) and the possibility to buy up to five extra days.
- A commuting allowance.
- Flexible working hours.
- A company laptop.
- Extensive education and training at our Action Academy.
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment seriously. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and secure better production conditions in the countries where we manufacture and have stores. Click here for more information.
Are you ready to take action? Apply now!
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. That’s why we’ll ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview, in which we will also discuss your assessment.
- Are we a great match? Then we will become colleagues!