This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Operational Excellence Lead
38 hours per week
Do you have extensive experience in optimising operational processes in a logistics environment? Can you translate strategic goals into smaller concrete actions? Combine your enthusiasm, persuasiveness and experience to connect and become our new operational excellence lead at Action! Curious? Then read on!
Your daily tasks
As an operational excellence lead, you will be part of the Support & Processes department. Here you will be responsible for improving the logistics operation according to the Blue Excellence principle. You will translate strategic goals into smaller actions and steps for the DCs within your region. In doing so, you will coach and support supply chain managers and their teams in achieving their goals. With your persuasiveness, experience and leadership, you are able to get colleagues on board at every level. You need to make sure your stakeholders are fully committed.
- You will play an important role in the communication between the DCs and the headquarters in terms of Blue Excellence.
- You are an expert in Lean Six Sigma and you will train your colleagues in this subject.
- You will monitor the Blue Excellence performance level for the DCs in your region. This ensures that focus and awareness are maintained and you will make adjustments where necessary.
- You will develop and coach your colleagues in the areas of conflict management, communication and process improvement.
- You will support and coach supply chain managers and the regional teams to improve their performance in terms of output and working methods.
Depending on the distribution centre, the relationship between advice, management and implementation will vary. Within the various distribution centres, you will conduct research, analyse, identify problems and advise the supply chain manager on solutions. You will then implement the changes. Creating support and a sense of relationships, culture and the environment is essential. In this respect, the safeguarding of standard processes is essential in order to be able to provide manageability, uniformity, cost savings and scalability.
In this role, you will be part of the Support & Processes department and report to the blue excellence manager. We currently have 3 regions: Region North (Netherlands and Poland), Region South (France) and Region CEE. This vacancy is for Region North. Together with the manager, you will work on optimising and standardising the Blue Excellence philosophy in your region. There are also plenty of opportunities for self-development at Action and to move upwards. So, if you're looking for something new, your future colleagues would love to meet you!
What you offer
You are an expert in the field of planning. If you see that things could be done more easily or more effectively, you will be itching to get started. Others describe you as organised, flexible and someone who can go the extra mile. Thanks to a structured approach, you know how to deal with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines. Teamwork makes the dream work, as the saying goes, which is why you enjoy working with colleagues. By keeping short lines with your stakeholders, you can create support and influence.
We also ask you for:
- A completed higher professional education or university education
- At least five years' relevant work experience
- Demonstrable continuous improvement and LEAN experience with excellent knowledge of the LEAN Six Sigma tools and methods
- A good command of English (both verbal and written). Dutch and Polish are a plus
- Willing to travel 50% of your time.
- Black Belt certification is a plus.
What we offer
You will join a team of professionals in an international environment. Action has more than 2,100 stores in 10 European countries and opens several new stores on a weekly basis. The organisation's rapid growth is continuing apace. And not only is the organisation expanding, but there are also career opportunities for you to be able to grow within the company.
We also offer:
- 24 days' holiday with the option to buy five extra days (based on 38 hours per week).
- Flexible working hours in coordination with the team and the direct line manager, alternating between office and home working
- An extensive range of training courses and programmes at our own Action Academy
- Travel allowance
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- 15% staff discount at Action.
How we contribute to society
If you only know Action from the stores, a world will open up for you when you join us. For example, we are working hard behind the scenes to make a positive impact on society and the environment. Did you know, for example, that we sponsor more than 2,000 children worldwide who are growing up in an SOS Children’s Village? That our team reflects the diversity of our customers, including 124 nationalities? That we already source 70% of our wood products and 86% of our cotton sustainably? And that only energy-efficient LED lighting is used in more than half of our stores? Yes, that is also Action. Curious about what other initiatives we’re facilitating? Join our team and find out for yourself.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer, and we warmly invite anyone who recognises themselves in the vacancy to apply. So take action and respond to this vacancy now!
What happens next:
- Response to your application within 14 days (and usually earlier)
- First meeting with the manager and a colleague
- Online assessment to get to know you better
- Second interview with your recruiter, among others
- Welcome to Action…
Throughout the process, your recruiter is your permanent point of contact and is available to answer any questions you may have.