This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Product Owner Data
(Fulltime, 38 hours per week)
The Product Owner is a key figures between Business, IT and external parties. He or she is responsible for creating user-stories, prioritizing these stories, implementing and act as change manager towards the organization. The Product Owner determines the priority on the team’s backlog.
This is your daily action
As Product Owner Data you ensure that the development is in line with the requirements and within budget. You are involved and aligned with internal IT-development which is required for commercial systems success, and you optimize data feeds for the MDM/PIM system to other core systems.
You look at the bigger scope and make sure that all business requirements are assessed, prioritized, developed an communicated. You make sure that the development is in line with Action’s commercial vison and strategy.
- You are responsible for managing the development backlog and determine the order of work based on the cost/benefit of each request and or development
- You create input for investment proposals and you are responsible for excellent economic decision-making during refinements and at the start of each sprint
- You have a key part of the development team and participate in and drive activities like planning, refinement, review and daily standup
- You align with business processes and systems and are the single point of contact for the development team and business stakeholders
Meet your team
Commerce consists of the Commercial Operations and Commercial Development departments. Commercial Operations ensures that buying activities and data are accurately processed in our systems. This is crucial for driving operations, as logistics, digital and marketing activities depend on it.
Commercial Development monitors the store format and looks at how products best find their way to the customer. This involves looking at the format, the layout of the store, and the shelf layout. But it also determines which articles will be promoted and monitors the price proposition with regard to the competitor. Do you want to take advantage of the opportunities offered by a commercial winner in the dynamic retail industry? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members? Sandro Ramos, Mark Scholte and Corina Udo can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
The Product Owner Data at Action enjoys stakeholder management! Because good coordination between teams is key for this role, we expect you to have strong communication skills. You have a proactive approach and execute tasks with pace and urgency. You are a commercial driven professional, with a strong focus on result and understanding of the challenges within the fast-moving Action business.
- Professional and intellectual abilities at Master level preferably in business and/or information science, data management or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- You have extensive experience with agile methods and related tools
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Proven experience in project management and leading development teams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has almost 2.000 stores in 9 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues continuously. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- A job at the international headquarters of a dynamic company with plenty of room to grow
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour work week
- 24 vacation days, with the option to purchase 5 extra days based on a 38-hour work week
- One year contract
- Flexible working hours in coordination with the team and direct manager
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
- Hybrid working
- Extensive range of education and training at our own Action Academy
- The possibility to participate in a group health insurance policy
- A company laptop and mobile phone
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
At Action, integrity is of great importance to us. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your recruiter for more information.