This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Action stores offer a total of 14 different categories of products in 8 countries and our expansion plans have just started, Action is the place to be and you can be part of it! Quality is key for us and we are always prospecting the best products and following the newest trends to be able to offer our clients the best assortment at our international stores. Within the Quality area in the commercial department and on collaboration with the Buying team, you can be the one choosing the best out of all the options.
Do you have experience in quality testing, safety and legal legislation checks? Have you been at least 8 years working for an international company in a similar role? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and would you like to contribute with your decisions to the future of Action? Then this might be for you.
This is your daily action
- This is a role with huge diversity of tasks and a huge amount of products to evaluate. You will be checking and testing all kinds of items for your category every day, setting up next steps for each case based on your findings while working closely with the buying team and the suppliers and taking quick decisions to assure ongoing compliance with safety, ethical, quality and regulatory requirements. Your goal is to provide feedback on improvements and set clear guidelines on what is needed; you are the sparring partner of Buyers and technical managers, so make sure you are able to base your feedback on your expertise and European regulations.
- Lead global processes within the category, working with and providing direction to the sourcing offices to drive compliance to agreed ways of working and product performance standards.
- Benchmark Action products against competitors ensuring Action product is fit for purpose.
- Deliver Product Specification Sheets (PSS) depending on the product group, to include product performance, material standards, fit-for-purpose standards, labelling guidelines, health warnings, construction and components in adherence with the quality standards.
- Review weekly quality KPI’s and customer feedback creating CAP’s or minimum performance standards as necessary.
- Overall responsibility for particular area of specialism ensuring that business practice and behaviour is in line with desired best practice and latest EU legislation.
- Has the ability to drive working parties and show leadership capabilities in area of specialism, mentoring & coaching with peers where necessary.
Meet your team
You will join and international team of 6 product Technologists and will report to the Technical Manager.
Our department consists of the following units: Buying, Direct Sourcing, Commercial Planning and Quality. We are continuously scouring the market for new items to surprise our customers, negotiate with suppliers, analyses revenues to find out what is selling and what is not, and create promotions such as weekly or seasonal discounts. We visit our stores (and those of our competitors) on a regular basis to maintain a feel for what is going on. We mantain close collaboration with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Legal departments. Will you join us on our challenge to keep surprising our customers with a large and diverse assortment? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members? Jens Madinsky, and Göknil Bal, Rama Seck, Julian Klepac between others, can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
To support our rapid expansion we are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. We need someone who is pragmatic, organised and is able to bring structure to activities and projects. You should be able to deliver within deadlines and according to guidelines by working efficiently and effectively.
- Educational level at Academic degree (Food and/or Cosmetics sector for example).
- Has a minimum of 8 years’ experience in retail/manufacturing Quality/Technology role in the specific industry of specialism (i.e. toys, electrics).
- Computer literate, MS Office, PLM experience.
- Fluent in English is essential. Dutch, French and/or German would be advantageous.
- Expert in the field of safety & legislation, risk analysis and prevention and product technical development.
- Is cost conscious and customer oriented in everything they do. Deliver true value to the business and customer.
- Excellent communication skills within technical function, buying, supply base and global offices and ability to work as a team player showing respect, support and discipline.
- Multi tasked orientated working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism.
- Able to analyse data (KPI’s, customer feedback, sales) to shape future strategy.
- Experience in briefing and specifying requirements for sourced product, working with buying to create clear specification packs.
- Be able to work across multiple countries with local buying teams.
- Ability to work across multiple sourcing models (import, private label, direct).
What we offer
- 1 year contract with the possibility to extend to indefinite.
- Fulltime job of 38h required.
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours).
- Commuting allowance.
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!