This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
As Project Manager Internal Communications, you are responsible for the planning and execution of a wide range of internal projects and events, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues from the team, aimed at strengthening Action's reputation and contributing to committed and well-informed colleagues. You do this for all countries where Action is active.
As Project Manager Internal Communications you are part of the Communications department at our international headquarters and you report to the Manager Internal Communications & Citizenship. This team is responsible for the development and implementation of the internal communication strategy and coordinates all internal communication, internal branding and events. The team develops and updates the various internal communication tools.
The communication activities within a fast-growing international discounter are fascinating and varied. We contribute to the rapid, successful growth of Action. Every day you are involved in many different activities, such as;
- Keep an overview of all internal communication activities and advise / support internal customers, such as board members and managers with internal communication topics and issues;
- Write and implement your communication plans, thereby contributing to the realization of our internal communication goals;
- Develop communication tools such as brochures, posters and videos;
- Write texts and create content for, for example, newsletters, websites and the Action magazine;
- Contribute to keeping alive, nurturing and embedding the Action culture and the underlying six values.
The communication team is growing, so there is always room for initiatives to improve communication processes.
The Communications department is responsible for all internal and external communication from Action to various target groups. From our international headquarters, we develop the communication strategy and manage all media activities such as press releases, interviews and press events at important highlights. We coordinate all internal communication, internal events and internal branding activities and support other departments such as HR, IT, Real Estate and Supply Chain in communicating about projects and developments. We also develop standard communication materials that serve as a basis for communication in the various countries where we operate. In carrying out these activities, we work closely with colleagues and PR agencies in the countries where we are located.
Do you want to work within the dynamics of the retail sector, in a department where there is always something going on and at a company with plenty of (international) growth opportunities? Take Action!
Curious about your new colleagues? Yvette and Inge can’t wait to work with you!
A Project Manager Internal Communications at Action is creative, proactive and punctual. You work within a small and informal team and have a flexible attitude. You can easily switch from one task to another and have strong communication and social skills. You know how to win others over to your ideas and you can make organizational points of view clear in understandable language, tailored to the target group. Within our no-nonsense company culture you thrive as you see and create opportunities, you are result-oriented and enterpreneurial, and like to solve issues.
Furthermore, we expect:
- A Bachelor’s or University Degree in Communications, Journalism or another relevant area (e.g. Economics, Business)
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position focused on internal communication within an international or retail organization;
- Experience with independently planning and executing communication projects
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in English and one or more other European languages
- 24 holiday days per calendar year and the option to purchase 5 additional holiday days (based on fulltime employment)
- Travel allowance;
- Company laptop and smartphone
- 15% staff discount on Action products;
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now! At the moment it’s not possible to add your motivation separately, so could you please upload it together with your resume in one document.
Nelleke Moormann, Recruiter, will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible. When you are selected, we will invite you for a first interview to get to know you better. If we are both enthusiastic, we will invite you for a second interview and we will also ask you to make an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we'll make you an offer you can't refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.