This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Project Manager Store Operations
Are you a communicative Project Manager that naturally takes the lead? Do you want to be co-responsible for optimal store processes in almost 2000 stores throughout Europe? Than this might be your next challenge!
This is your daily Action
The Project Manager is driving one or a series of projects that impact the store organization and the way we work in our stores. These projects aim to further improve the efficiency or quality of process execution or systems in stores.
You are end-to-end responsible for starting-up and leading the project. You manage multi-disciplinary project teams and report to the main stakeholders like the Manager Store Projects and the Steering Committee. In this way you ensure that the assigned project is implemented within the given time, budget and quality and delivering the defined objectives.
Managing a project within Store Operations, means leading initiatives from a business perspective. Therefore you are an expert in making sure that stakeholders within the (store) organization are well aligned, an effective cooperation and collaboration with country teams, store management and involved departments is in place. You have a strong focus on delivering easy-to-use, intuitive, pragmatic end results. In order to do this you follow predefined methods, processes and tools that are established within Action and at the same time shows off flexibility and creativity to achieve project goals.
Meet your team
The Store Operations department offers service in three areas: productivity, personnel management and inventory management. The team organizes and structures the daily activities of all stores in Europe and works together with the regional managers, Country HR and Supply Chain. When our stores are well organized and efficiently stocked, our employees are able to serve their customers in the best, most efficient way. Do you want to be jointly responsible for optimal shopping processes in more than 2.000 stores throughout Europe? Then come and join our team!
The Store Project team is part of the Central Store operations and consists out of a Manager Store Projects, 3 Project Managers and 2 Project Coordinators. Do you want the be part of this team and are you curious about your new team members? Hein and Jolanda can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
You are an expert in project management and fully in control in this profession. You are structured and well organised. You are able to set up a clear plan with milestones and deliverables and subsequent rigorous steering of execution on planning, budget and quality. You are a strong communicator, able to motivate others. You can produce simple and clear reports on progress, issues and risks. You have affinity with retail in-store processes and how technology can support this.
- A completed WO/ HBO degree with a link to Project Management
- 3-5 years (substantial knowledge) in project management environment responsible for end users (from business side)
- Experience with different project management methodologies
- Experience in Retail and/or fast paced organisations is highly preferred
- Experience in Business technology (apps, digitization, automation, process changes) is preferred
- Excellent command of the English language (in word and writing) is required due to the international nature of our organisation, another European language is an advantage
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has almost 2.000 stores in 9 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues continuously. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- Annual bonus between 5-10% based on personal and business goals
- 24 vacation days, with the option to purchase 5 extra days based on a 38-hour work week
- Travel allowance
- Company laptop and smartphone
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!