This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Purchasing Administrative Employee
Full time, 24-38 hours
Are you looking for a challenging and varied administrative role? Do you have an affinity for products and data processing? If so, the role of Purchasing Administrative Employee may be just right for you!
This is your daily action
As part of the Commercial Operations department, we provide administrative support to our commercial and logistics departments. Commercial Operations is involved in the purchasing process, from drawing up quotes to delivering products from the distribution centres to the stores. This includes activities such as logging a range of product data to checking the physical products. And if something doesn't look quite right, you are happy to pick up the phone to talk to Purchasing or the supplier. Within Commercial Operations, you will work closely together with many other departments, such as Purchasing, Marketing, Product Data Management, Finance and Supply Chain. Around 150 new products appear on Action's shelves each week. You will also carry out part of your work in the sample room, where you will inspect all new products before they head to the stores. These inspections will include checks on labels, languages and documents, and adding marketing features for each product. In addition, you will also ensure that the correct packaging information is included in the system for tax payments. The range of work activities creates variety and challenges with plenty of room for personal development and growth.
Meet your team
Commerce consists of the Commercial Operations and Commercial Development departments. Commercial Operations ensures that buying activities and data are accurately processed in our systems. This is crucial for driving operations, as logistics, digital and marketing activities depend on it.
Commercial Development monitors the store format and looks at how products best find their way to the customer. This involves looking at the format, the layout of the store, and the shelf layout. But it also determines which articles will be promoted and monitors the price proposition with regard to the competitor. Do you want to take advantage of the opportunities offered by a commercial winner in the dynamic retail industry? Take Action!
This is you
Purchasing Administrative Employees at Action are proactive, meticulous and can easily switch between different processes. You enjoy working with different departments and recording data accurately in the systems. Furthermore, you also like to roll your sleeves up and have strong communication skills.
- A completed, relevant higher professional education
- Alternatively, a completed vocational education (MBO-4), with at least two years' relevant administrative work experience
- An affinity with systems such as SAP and Microsoft Office
- A good command of Dutch and English (both verbal and written)
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has more than 2.000 stores in 10 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues continuously. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- 24 vacation days, with the option to purchase 5 extra days based on a 38-hour work week
- Travel allowance
- The possibility to participate in a group health insurance policy
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
- Extensive range of education and training at our own Action Academy
- A job at the international headquarters of a dynamic company with plenty of room to grow
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!
- At Action, integrity is of great importance to us. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your recruiter for more information.