This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Do you want to help us bring big smiles for low prices to many more customers in Europe? Action is the place to be and you can be part of it!
As a Quality Control Team Lead you will be working closely with the Product technologists and Technical Managers in the final phase of the quality compliance process. In this role, you will be steering and coaching the Quality Control team central and de-central in all QC (quality Control) locations. You will be involved in the communication with all DC’s to make sure, once the new product has arrived, enough samples are being tested. In this process new articles are getting approved or rejected. If all goes as expected the new items will quickly ready to be transported to our stores.
Do you have experience in quality testing? Have you been at least 5 years working for an international company in a similar role? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and would you like to contribute with your decisions to the future of Action? If you answered yes to all the questions and have experience leading a team of 4 or more direct reports, then this might be for you.
The Quality Control Team lead reports directly to the Technical Manager. The main focus and responsibility is for product quality performance; ensuring that the delivered product performs to Action standards and requirements set per category in global DC’s and HUB/Cross Dock facilities. You will also ensure that the information is processed accurately and systemized reporting of controls conducted.
Your team will be checking and testing all kinds of items for all categories every day, confirming all Action’s requirements have been met during production.
Your goal is to keep up to speed the workload and the accuracy of the checks so store assortment is always perfect for new items to surprise our clients internationally.
You lead your team providing direction on ways of working and compliance. You support them and facilitate their development and success.
Our department consists of the following units: Buying, Direct Sourcing, Commercial Planning and Quality. We are continuously scouring the market for new items to surprise our customers, negotiate with suppliers, analyse revenues to find out what is selling and what is not, and create promotions such as weekly or seasonal discounts. We visit our stores (and those of our competitors;) on a regular basis to maintain a feel for what is going on. We maintain close collaboration with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Legal departments. Will you join us on our challenge to keep surprising our customers with a large and diverse assortment? Take Action!
To support our rapid expansion we are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. We need someone who is pragmatic, organised and is able to bring structure to activities and projects. You should be able to deliver within deadlines and according to guidelines by working efficiently and effectively.
You are an expert in international Quality Control; very cost conscious in everything you do, you can deliver true value to the business. You have excellent communication skills to daily connect with technical experts, buying, supply chain and global DC’s colleagues, showing respect, support and discipline.
- HBO (Bachelor) degree level education + 5 years of working experience in international Quality Control role; or at least 10 years working experience in similar role;
- MS office, SAP and PLM;
- Fluent in Dutch and English is essential. French, German and/or Polish, Czech would be advantageous.
- 1 year contract with the possibility to extend to indefinite;
- Fulltime job of 38h required;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours);
- A company laptop and mobile phone;
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.