This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Fulltime, 38 hours per week
With over 65.000 employees 2.000 stores, and 11 warehouses, Action is growing extremely fast as we are expanding our market share but also penetrating new markets. This means that we are called to manage a more complex network of safety and compliancy.
Are you an experienced health and safety expert? And are you looking for an international scope in a growing and developing organization? Then we are looking for you!
You daily Actions
As a Safety Expert at Action you are responsible for the central development and implementation of the Supply Chain HSE policy and guidelines for our insourced warehouses, based in the Netherlands, Poland and. From a central perspective you advise local safety coordinators and management regarding safety compliancy and come up with ideas to implement this in the day to day activities. This means that you proactively gather input from employees, safety committees and management on the current situation and make improvements in guidelines, procedures and processes as well as come up with ideas to imbed this in our DNA. This international role requires a proactive approach towards internal stakeholders, external advisors and government agencies. From a central perspective, you are responsible for the incident management administration in SEVESO and make sure this runs efficiently and effectively. Periodically you execute audits to manage deviations and you manage external audits and inspections by governmental agencies for both insourced as outsourced warehouses.
Meet your team
You’ll be part of the Action Logistics Team in the Netherlands and actively collaborate with local DC Managers and the Safety Coordinators in their teams. In this energetic team, with a lot of logistic experience, you’ll be in the heart of our warehouse operations.
This is you
You are keen on maintaining structure and overview and are therefore able to maintain a helicopter view on processes and potential improvements. By being critical, analytical and cost-conscious, you come up with ways to improve and implement a healthy and safe environment for our colleagues. Furthermore, you are skilled in stakeholder management in an international environment. In addition:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience within a similar job, preferably in logistics/retail
- Safety expert certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willing to travel to different work locations occasionally
- Good command of English
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has almost 2.000 stores in 9 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues continuously. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour work week
- Annual bonus between 5-10% based on personal and business goals
- 24 vacation days and the possibility to buy an extra 5 days per year (based on 38 hours)
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to participate in a collective health insurance policy
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive range of education and training at our own Action Academy
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!