This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Senior Business Controller
Are you ready for Action? Then we are ready for you!
Do you want to work in an international organization with lots of growth opportunities and further develop yourself as a business controller? As a business controller in our FP&A team with a focus on the IT department, you advise by means of financial insights, but you’ll also have an important role in improving business processes.
This is your daily action
In this role you will report to the Manager Financial Planning & Analysis and you will be part of a large Business Control team, both situated in the International Headquarters in Zwaagdijk-Oost as well as in the various Country Offices across Europe. Business Controlling supports and challenges the business by providing financial advice across various domains such as Store Operations, HR and IT. Besides your direct Controlling colleagues, you will work closely together with our IT colleagues.
As a Business Controller for our IT department you are responsible for the internal reporting and analysis for this specific department. You develop insights to facilitate performance dialogues and decision making processes and contribute to the continued and rapid growth of Action. In addition to this, the Business Controller will support further standardization and development of new reports within the financial domain and advice on process improvements.
You are also in the lead of the budget and forecasting process for all of IT. You create the action plan and work it out from A to Z. You are also involved in optimizing processes within the department; identifying, delivering and implementing improvements in close cooperation with our Risk Management & Internal Audit department. In addition, you take the lead for the Period and Year End Close.
As a Business Controller you have a variety of tasks, ranging from timely, accurate and complete reporting to analyzing performances to support the preparation of business cases, forecasts, budgets and strategic plans to optimizing processes.
Meet your team
Our Finance department currently consists of many specialists in various roles. Our Financial Shared Service Centre is responsible for all financial affairs of our international organization. Our Treasury team manages all our cash flows and our Fiscal team takes care of anything tax related. Business Controlling supports the business by providing financial advice with respect to our store operations, commercial control, supply chain and financial control. We provide important management information as well as challenge the business with our analyses to further our process optimization.
Do you want to work in the dynamic retail industry, in a young department with a wealth of (international) growth opportunities? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members Bas Kieft, Mandy Sijs and Ljubov Tiberti can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
A Business Controller at Action has strong analytical skills, is stress-resistant and is able to communicate well with the various departments within Action. Our formula, an amazing full range of items with competitive prices, also requires an entrepreneurial, critical and pragmatic attitude with a high regard to cost consciousness.
- Completed business economics education at Bachelor+/Masters level;
- At least 8 years relevant work experience
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbal and written
- Experience with ERP systems (knowledge of SAP is a plus). Experience with Hyperion is a plus.
- Retail knowledge is a plus.
What we offer
We open stores in the Netherlands and abroad every week. The rapid growth makes Action a successful organization with rapid development and the expectation is that the department will expand even more, so that there are plenty of growth opportunities.
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour working week;
- Bonus scheme of 7,5% to 15% based on personal and business objectives;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours).
- Eligible for a Long term yearly bonus after achieving 3 years at the company.
- A company car and a company laptop and mobile phone.
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme.
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise.
- Flexible working hours.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!