This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Senior Digital Product Owner
(Full-time, 38 hours a week)
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Digital Product Owner for our growing team in Zwaagdijk-Oost (situated only a 30-minute drive from Amsterdam). If you feel like you can make a difference in a fast-growing, internationally successful retailer, take action now!
Your daily tasks
As a Digital Product Owner, you will be responsible for:
- Returns on investment Constantly seeking ways to maximise impact
- Making data-driven decisions and creating transparency as the foundation for trust
- Understanding customers' problems and business opportunities, and translating these into effective user stories on your backlog
- Maintaining an organised backlog that is ranked according to the highest value in terms of solving customer problems, addressing customer needs and seizing business opportunities
- Communicating in a transparent manner and managing the web roadmap, keeping it closely aligned with the overall roadmap, product vision and internal and external stakeholders
- Coaching and supporting your fellow Product Owners in their growth paths
As a Digital Product Owner, you will join our Product & UX team, led by our Head of Product. This team focuses on improving the customer experience throughout the journey and how relevant data can be extracted to push ROPO (Research Online, Purchase Offline) higher and increase sales in our stores.
We foster an environment in which you can rely on and excel in UX/CX research and data insights, and work closely with specialists and stakeholders to have a direct impact on the customer journey and put your data knowledge to good use. We aim to deliver an engaging, seamless omnichannel customer experience through our ecosystem.
What you offer
You are customer-oriented with a strong, agile mindset. Product development is your passion, and you are always looking for ways to maximise your impact. In this role, you will be responsible for co-creating and implementing the roadmap for our Action website. Your decisions are data-driven and you launch, coordinate and implement related cross-channel initiatives. You have an in-depth understanding of business interests, while your people skills allow you to act as a strong sparring partner. You show a deep understanding of issues that need to be solved and monitor the achievement of effective solutions. Your backlog is ordered by priority, transparent and reflects the highest value for our customers and companies. You are an inspirational product leader and put agile principles at the heart of everything you do. In addition, our development teams are internal,cross-functional and able to deliver end-to-end results in no time.
You also have the following:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in the field of marketing, communications or technical business management. If you feel you've reached this level with relevant work experience and have the ability to succeed in this role, we'd love to hear from you
- At least five years' experience as a Product Owner within an e-commerce and (preferably) omnichannel retail environment
- Extensive experience with A/B testing, CRO and analytical tools such as Google Analytics (this would be an asset)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO) certification
- An excellent command of Dutch and English (both spoken and written)
What we offer
Surprisingly more! From our bustling home base in the Netherlands, you’ll have an impact on the whole of Europe. The counter now stands at more than 2,000 stores in 10 countries and millions of smiles from our customers. And we have big growth ambitions. For Action and for you. Because our growth means that you can always take new steps. A different job, an interesting innovation project, new skills: as a professional you can develop without limits. And all this in a culture where our shared values are truly lived: Customer focus, teamwork, simplicity, discipline, cost conscious and respect.
Did you know that you can also count on us for:
- An annual bonus based on company and personal performance
- 24 days of holiday and the option to buy 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working up to 40% from home, of course in coordination with your manager
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
- A good pension scheme, collective health insurance and travel expenses allowance. Zwaagdijk-Oost is traffic jam-free and only 30 minutes by car from Amsterdam.
How we contribute to society
We are working hard behind the scenes to make a positive impact on society and the environment. Did you know, that we sponsor more than 2,000 children worldwide who are growing up in an SOS Children’s Village? That our team reflects the diversity of our customers, including 124 nationalities? That we already source over 90% of our wood, paper and cotton products sustainably? And that only energy-efficient LED lighting is used in more than half of our stores? Yes, that is also Action. Curious about what other initiatives we’re facilitating? Join our team and find out for yourself.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer, and we warmly invite anyone who recognises themselves in the vacancy to apply. So take action and respond to this vacancy now!
What happens next:
- Response to your application within 14 days (and usually earlier)
- First meeting with the manager and a colleague
- Online assessment to get to know you better
- Second interview with your recruiter, among others
- Welcome to Action…
Throughout the process, your recruiter is your permanent point of contact and is available to answer any questions you may have.
Integrity is very important to us. Pre-employment screening is therefore part of the process for this vacancy. Ask your recruiter for more information.