This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Senior Projectmanager Internal Communications
As our Senior Project Advisor Internal Communications, you are responsible for the planning and execution of a wide range of internal projects and events, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues from the team, aimed at strengthening Action's reputation and contributing to engaged and well-informed colleagues. Your role is company-wide, you work for all countries where Action is active.
This is your daily action
As Senior Projectmanager Internal Communications you are part of the Communications department at our international headquarters and you report to the Manager Internal Communications & Citizenship. This team is responsible for the development and implementation of the internal communication strategy and coordinates all internal communication, internal branding and events. The team develops and updates the various internal communication tools.
The communication activities within a fast-growing international discounter are fascinating and diverse. We contribute to the rapid, successful growth of Action. Every day you are involved in many different activities, such as;
- Keeping an overview of the communications activities and being able to advise internal customers (heads and managers of departments like HR) on the communication of their activities
- Creating communication plans and activities in line with the overall communication strategy
- Writing content for internal tools e.g. speeches, presentations, intranet, magazines
- Ensuring and overseeing the execution of the plans, contributing to the realisation of the objectives
- Guarding time and budget of communication projects with a high impact and several stakeholders
- Proactively contributing to strengthening the internal communication strategy
- Issuing advice on request or at own initiative, both on strategic and operational level
The communication team is growing, so there is always room for initiatives to improve communication processes.
Meet your team
The Communications department is responsible for all internal and external communication from Action to various target groups. From our international headquarters, we develop the communication strategy and manage all media activities such as press releases, interviews and press events at important highlights. We coordinate all internal communication, internal events and internal branding activities and support other departments such as HR, IT, Real Estate and Supply Chain in communicating about projects and developments. We also develop standard communication materials that serve as a basis for communication in the various countries where we operate. In carrying out these activities, we work closely with colleagues and PR agencies in the countries where we are located.
Do you want to work within the dynamics of the retail sector, in a department where there is always something going on and at a company with plenty of (international) growth opportunities? Take Action!
Our main priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers. Therefore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we ask you to work remotely. Whenever possible, the location of this position will return to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with your colleagues. This also means that all interviews for this position are primarily done digitally via video calls.
This is you
Our Senior Advisor Projectmanager Internal Communications at Action is creative, convincing, proactive and punctual. You work within a small and informal team and you take the responsibility to lead several communication projects at the same time. You can easily switch from one task to another and have strong communication and social skills. You know how to win others over to your ideas and you can make organizational points of view clear in understandable language, tailored to the target group. You lead by example and you enjoy coaching colleagues in the team. Within our no-nonsense company culture you thrive as you see and create opportunities, you are result-oriented and entrepreneurial, and like to solve issues.
Furthermore, we expect:
- A University Degree in Communications, Journalism or another relevant area (e.g. Economics, Business)
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in a similar position focused on internal communication within an international or retail organization
- Experience with independently planning and executing communication projects
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in English and one or more other European languages
What we offer
- Working hours of 38 hours
- Annual bonus between 5% - 10%
- 24 vacation days per calendar year and the option to purchase 5 additional holiday days (based on fulltime employment)
- Travel allowance
- Company laptop and smartphone
- 15% staff discount on Action products
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
Jorieke Hogeland, Recruiter, will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible. When you are selected, we will invite you for a first interview to get to know you better. If we are both enthusiastic, we will invite you for a second interview and we will also ask you to make an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we'll make you an offer you can't refuse!