This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Senior Project Manager Store Operations
Fulltime (38 hours)
As a Senior Project Manager you are driving one or a series of extensive projects that impact the store organization and the way we work in our stores. These projects aim to further improve the efficiency and quality of process execution or systems in stores internationally. In this role the Sr. Project Manager is end-to-end responsible for leading the project, managing a (multi-disciplinary) project team, reporting to main stakeholders as well as Steering Committee and ensuring that the assigned project is implemented within the given time, budget and quality, while delivering the defined objectives.
This is your daily action
Within this role you have a report line to the Manager Store Projects Hein Staal.
Managing a large project within Store Operations, means leading the initiative from a business perspective. The Sr. Project Manager is therefore an expert in making sure that stakeholders and team project members are well aligned, building an effective cooperation, and collaboration with country teams, store management and involved departments is in place. The Senior Project Manager has a strong focus on delivering easy-to-use, intuitive, pragmatic end results as well as the accompanying business implementation, approaching it in such a way that this can be well absorbed and embedded.
- Coordinate the exploration of a topic to create a clear view on the desired project deliverable
- Gather the business requirements in order to define the to-be process / system
- Coordinate the selection (RFI / RFP) of new systems in cooperation with other departments
- Build the Investment Proposal including a Financial Business Case
- Create a Project Plan including governance, timeline, deliverables and constraints
- Set-up the project hygiene with the use of standard Store Projects template
- Ensure stakeholder alignment by mapping out different stakeholders along with their interests
- Develop and execute a communication plan to enhance buy-in & alignment with stakeholders
- Coordinate the design- and building phases of systems and/or processes
- Create and execute a Test-and Pilot-plan to ensure the quality of the project deliverable, proof the business case hypothesis and test the business implementation approach
- Create a Business Implementation plan and coordinate rollout of the project
- Set-up the closure of the project and proper handover to the business including RACI along with documentation.
This is you
You are an expert in project management and fully in control in this profession. You are structured and well organised. You are able to set up a clear plan with milestones, deliverables and subsequent rigorous steering of execution on planning, budget and quality. You are a strong communicator who is able to motivate others. You can produce simple, yet clear reports on progress, issues and risks. You have a comprehensive understanding of retail in-store processes along with how technology can support this.
- A completed WO/ HBO degree in with a link to Project Management
- 5-7 years’ experience within the Program- and/or Project Management
- Experience with different project management methodologies such as PRINCE2
- Experience in Retail and/or fast paced organisations is highly preferred
- Excellent command of the English language (in word as well as writing) is required due to the international nature of our organisation, another European language is an advantage
- Travel will be up to 25% of the time depending on the project (phase)
Meet your team
Our Central Store Operations department provides service in three areas to all the countries in which we are represented: productivity, staff management and stock management. The team organises and structures everyday activities of our stores worldwide whilst maintaining a close collaboration with regional managers, Country HR and Supply Chain. Within the Store Projects team, one of the sub departments of Central Store Operations, a group of 4 Project Managers and 2 Project Coordinators works on different projects and initiatives that improve the processes in our stores. Properly organised and efficiently stocked stores allow our employees to serve their customers in the best, most efficient way. Do you want to drive projects that have a significant impact on the store processes in over 1,700 stores throughout Europe? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members? Hein, Jessica, Nina, Tim and Victoria can’t wait to work with you!
What we offer
- Annual bonus based on personal and business goals
- 24 paid vacation days with the option of purchasing 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week).
- Travel allowance
- Company laptop and smartphone
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products. Here you can find some examples.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
Nelleke will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible. If you are selected, we will invite you for a first interview. When we are both enthusiastic, we invite you to the second interview. In that second interview we would like to get to know you even better. For this we ask you to take an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we'll make you an offer you can't refuse!
At Action we think integrity is of the utmost importance. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your Recruiter for more details.
Our main priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers. Therefore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we ask you to work remotely. Whenever possible, the location of this position will return to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with your colleagues. This also means that probably interviews for this position are done digitally via video calls.