This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Senior Specialist Learning & Development
Are you an HR specialist with experience in Learning & Development? Are you ambitious and ready to design and implement the first steps of an Action wide transformation? Are you able to engage with all types of stakeholders and employees with different cultures and background? Are you creative, persuasive and self-driven? Then this might be your next step, please continue reading!
This is your daily action
The Senior Specialist Learning & Development is part of the department People Development and reports directly to the Group Manager People Development. The purpose of this job is to plan, organize and implement training and development programs for different employee groups to support the organization's initiatives. You design and deliver programs for employees and identify external suitable programs. Meanwhile, you work on the development of leadership and you ensure all leadership programs are aligned. This includes creating careerpaths, integrate and clarify the use of 70/20/10 as a learning model and the development of our Action Academy. You communicate this subject on Group-level and support the more junior specialists Learning & Development in their development.
One of the biggest projects you will focus on the upcoming year is the roll-out of leadership programs on three levels: executive, middle management and operational management. You will be leading the project from the People Development team, from design to roll-out.
You will not only work on Learning & Development, but together with the Specialist Talent management and the specialist Engagement you’ll ensure that all actions from People Development are connected and form a logical process.
Meet your team
Action has grown into a strategic ‘centre of excellence’. Within our department Recruitment recruits new employees for our international headquarters. Compensation & Benefits is responsible for everything related to salary, bonuses, lease cars and other employment conditions. People Development ensures all our employees are given opportunities to develop themselves and to grow. HR Projects develops various projects aimed at increasing the added value of our HR department to the Action organisation. Our Shared Service Centre provides various services to the international headquarters and our country offices including payrolling. Finally, each support department has its own HR Business Partner that acts as an interface between the departments and our overarching HR team. Do you want to contribute your ideas to help further the professionalisation of our HR organisation? Take Action!
Curious about your new team members? Skanda, Anneloes, Magdalena, Inge and Jolien can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
The specialist we are looking for is very organized, driven and open, is able to work strategically with policies and plans and is open to travel occasionally. You are independent but a team player that builds relationships at all levels and through all business areas; you are someone who is creative, proactive, self-motivated and likes to work on a project basis.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience within HR, specifically in learning & development
- Experienced in setting up new programs, preferably focused on Leadership;
- Excellent communication skills English, in word and writing. Other European languages are a plus.
What we offer
- Annual bonus based on personal and business objectives
- 24 paid vacation days, with the possibility to purchase 5 more (based on 38 hours)
- A travel allowance
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,800 stores across 9 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products. Click here to read more information.
Take action and apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better and ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll be new colleagues!