This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Senior Supply Planners
32 – 38 hours a week
More than 11 million customers visit one of our 2,000+ stores in Europe each week, and we open new stores and distribution centres on a regular basis. This represents a growing logistics challenge, one in which we work together on an international level to get more than 6,000 products in our stores at the lowest prices. As a result, we are always on the lookout for planners and make sure development opportunities are available for our supply planners at our headquarters in Noord-Holland. Come and see for yourself!
This is your daily Action
You will work as an expert at the heart of our logistics operations and as a lead, you ensure smooth and optimal availability of products in the right distribution centres. If there are any delivery problems, you will tackle them head on with local and international suppliers, commercial planners, buyers and logistics experts.
As a Senior Supply Planner, you:
- Are in the lead as a planner and be the first point of escalation and knowledge owner of the ins and outs within the product group, be it household, toys or garden.
- Are responsible for the forecasts and parameters in the system as well as reacting in key moments. Should you see different demand patterns, you will take action and ensure that the sales potential in the stores is used to the best of your ability.
- Check the orders in the Symphony GOLD system and take action based on stock levels and forecasts. Maintaining an overview of your stock levels is a key priority.
- Monitor inbound deliveries to make sure they are on time and complete.
- Hold regular meetings with suppliers and colleagues to improve internal stock levels and product availability.
- Keep track of the administration for master data or closing open orders and maintain an overview of the situation.
- Prepare shipping schedules for Direct Import products and match them with the correct hub or cross-dock location.
- Play a key role in making the organisation scalable to get Action ready for further growth as well as hold the position of subject matter expert, in which you represent processes and projects.
- Share your knowledge and assist with coaching fellow (junior) planners and share knowledge about hard and soft skills.
The number of contacts with suppliers and internal stakeholders make your work challenging and diverse. And the best thing about it is that together with your colleagues, you put a smile on our customers' faces by surprising them with more than they expect and by making sustainable products affordable and accessible to all.
Meet your team
Our Planning department consists of more than 30 planners. Direct Import focuses on products from the Far East, while Domestic Planning focuses on a constant flow of deliveries from Action's European suppliers and manufacturers to Action's distribution centers. We also work closely with the Buying department, Commercial Planning, Transport and Inbound – there's never a dull moment at Action! So, if you're looking for something new, there are plenty of opportunities in the team to take on new responsibilities or grow. Giel Kamper, Angenita Heeremans, Joost Koenis and Franklin Ummethum look forward to meeting you!
This is you
You are an expert in the area of planning. When things can be done more easily or effectively, you are itching to get started. You can seamlessly switch between detailed range planning and a helicopter view. Others describe you as organised, flexible and someone who can go the extra mile. Thanks to a structured approach, you know how to deal with rapidly changing priorities and meeting deadlines. Teamwork makes the dream work, as the saying goes, which is why you enjoy working with colleagues. By maintaining short lines of communication with your stakeholders is how you reach the optimal availability and stock targets.
You also have the following:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in supply chain
- At least five years' work experience in a similar role
- An affinity for figures and data
- An excellent command of English
- A good knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of SAP or forecasting and replenishment systems is an asset
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has almost 2.000 stores in 9 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues continuously. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- A job at the international headquarters of a dynamic company with plenty of room to grow
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour work week
- Extensive range of education and training at our own Action Academy
- Flexible working hours in coordination with the team and direct manager
- Travel allowance
- A company laptop and mobile phone
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!