This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Service Delivery Manager (BI & Data Analytics)
We are looking for a Service Delivery Manager to join our Business Technology (Biztech) BI & Data Analytics department at our IHQ in Zwaagdijk Oost. As Service Delivery Manager BI & Data Analytics you are responsible for realizing our Technology Roadmap and business projects and the day to day operation of our entire BI & Data Analytics platform. The SDM and his team assures that the right information is delivered in the right place in the right format with the quality that we expect within Action.
You are someone who keeps an eye on the bigger picture without losing sight of the details. You have the capacity to manage projects, project managers and our operational partners to guarantee quality and continuity. We are looking for someone with a pragmatic attitude who can translate BI&DA needs into streamlined operations and successful projects.
BI & Data Analytics plays a key role within action to make our formula successful and support our future growth. We give Action the insights to make the right choices at the right time. Do you have at least 5 years of experience in leading teams and do you know what it is like to be responsible for your own budget? If you think you have the right leadership skills to help build our success, read on!
This is your daily action
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the full service provision of a specific IT service, in this case BI & Data Analytics. You are part of the Biztech BI & Data Analytics and report to the Manager BI & Data Analytics. You will work closely with Business Owners, the Domain and Solution Architects, Domain Portfolio Managers and the other IT Delivery teams and Service Delivery Managers, IT Development & Operations and our suppliers.
Meet your team
BI & Data Analytics delivers direct value to all our internal departments such as Commercial, Digital Marketing, Supply-Chain, Finance and HR. We have a clear ambition and strategy in which we, together with our executive sponsors, take the maturity and added value of Analytics to a higher level. In order to continue to support the further challenges and expansion plans within Action, we need the best talent. Do you want to work with modern technologies on challenging projects within the dynamic Retail world? Take Action!
And are you curious about your new team manager? That is Martijn Tack
This is you
As a Service Deliver Manager you are analytically strong, confident and you have strong communication and leadership skills. You understand the impact of good adherence to service levels on business performance.
You are well organized, recognize (business) patterns, make promises that you can keep and you work according to the guidelines. You work efficiently and effectively, even under pressure. Our formula with a surprisingly complete range and competitive prices also requires an enterprising, critical and pragmatic attitude with a high level of cost awareness.
- Professional and intellectual abilities at master or university level.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant IT industry capabilities.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- ITIL Foundation, Prince II foundation, Agile/Safe foundation.
- Experience with and delivery of Business Intelligence & Data Analytics technology
- Experience with SAP related BI technology like SAP BW, BO and Analytics Cloud is preferred
- Excellent command of English & Dutch
What we Offer
We open stores in the Netherlands and abroad every week. The rapid growth makes Action a successful organization with rapid development and the expectation is that the department will expand even more, so that there are plenty of growth opportunities.
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour working week;
- Bonus scheme of 7,5% to 15% based on personal and business objectives;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours).
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme.
- 15% staff discount on Action products.
- Flexible working hours.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Our main priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers. Therefore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we ask you to work remotely. Whenever possible, the location of this position will return to our international headquarters in Zwaagdijk, where you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with your colleagues. This also means that all interviews for this position are done digitally via video calls.
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products.
A few examples:
- We aim to use more and more sustainable raw materials. Already 73% of our cotton products are sustainably sourced and 60% or our paper and wooden products come from sustainable timber. In 2025 this will be 100%.
- Yearly we perform audits in our factories in Asia to check the compliance with our Ethical Sourcing Policy which ensures a responsible social and environmental approach to manufacturing.
- We help to create safe homes for more than 1,500 children in SOS Children's Villages.
- In the stores and DC’s we reduce as much energy and emissions as possible by using LED lighting, optimising our energy usage constantly and choosing more and more for renewable energy sources like solar panels or biodiesel.
- Our people are at the heart of our success. We believe in the power of education and personal development, in giving people the opportunity to grow both professionally and as human beings. For example with our Action Academy, where we offer employees to develop themselves. In 2020 we created 5000 new jobs, over 1500 colleagues made an internal promotion and over 27,000 employees received training.