This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Service desk Back-Office Employee
(Fulltime 32 – 38 hours per week)
In this position as Service desk Back-Office Employee, you will be part of the Central Store Operations department. As a Service desk Back Office employee, your goal is to provide the best support to all our international stores. You do this by implementing short- and long-term solutions and improvements that ensure our stores operate as efficiently as possible and that store employees can focus on what really matters; making customers happy!
This is your daily action
As Service desk Back-Office Employee, you will report to the Team Lead Service desk Back-Office. You will work closely with other departments at our international head office and with the Service desk Front-Office. You support the Service desk Front-Office team with more difficult questions and problems that come in from the store employees. By analysing the data and incoming tickets with questions from the stores, you look at which processes we can improve, so that we can provide an even better service to our stores.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is available 32 to 38 hours per week, during office hours: Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 18:00.
Meet your team
Already 2,000 Action stores in 10 countries, with the same great customer experience everywhere. This is only possible if the stores all work in the same way and can do their daily work in the best possible way: make customers happy, take care of our employees, but also work efficiently. Central Store Operations is the protector of this standardisation, making it a key driver of Action’s rapid growth. We set the guidelines and monitor the operational processes for all stores in Europe. We are the point of contact for the stores in case of problems in daily operations. And we make sure that these are solved as soon as possible. You will work in a highly international environment with us. We speak English with each other, but you can also hear French, German, Polish and Italian here on the help desk for the stores, for example. And the best thing about it is that many of your colleagues once started their careers in an Action store. You will be working at the heart of the store operation here! And thanks to Action’s continuous growth, we continue to challenge you to make the work for our colleagues in the stores a little better every day.
This is you
Customer-oriented and helping is in your nature. You are also strong in communication and you know how to clearly convey your message to the different stakeholders. In addition, it is important that you work accurately and in a structured manner. Furthermore, an empathetic but also critical attitude with a high cost awareness is important. You are used to working with computers and quickly master different software systems.
- MBO+/HBO working and thinking level
- At least 2 years' work experience at a Service Desk, Customer Service, Call Centre
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent command of the Dutch language, both verbally and in writing
- Good command of the English language in word and writing
- Experience with various software systems and able to become familiar with new applications/systems within a short period of time
- Working experience within the retail or supermarket sector is a plus
- Command of the French language is an advantage
What we offer
Surprisingly much! From our vibrant home base in the Netherlands, you have an impact on the whole of Europe. The counter now stands at 2,000 stores in 10 countries and millions of smiles from our customers. And we have big growth ambitions. For Action and for you. Because our growth means that you can always take new steps. Another position, an interesting innovation project, new skills: you can develop yourself as a professional without limits. And all this in a culture where our shared values are really lived: discipline, respect, teamwork, customer focus, cost consciousness and simplicity.
Did you know that you can also count on us:
- A market-based salary based on a 38-hour workweek
- 24 vacation days and the possibility to buy 5 extra days
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
- A good pension scheme, collective health insurance and travel expenses allowance (Zwaagdijk-Oost is traffic jam-free and only 30 minutes by car from Amsterdam)
- Extensive education and training offer at our own Action Academy
- A job in a dynamic, international organisation with plenty of room for growth
How we contribute to society
If you only know Action from the shops, a world will open up for you when you come to work with us. For example, we are working hard behind the scenes to make a positive impact on society and the environment. For example, did you know that we sponsor 1,737 children worldwide who grow up in an SOS Children's Village? That our team reflects the diversity of our customers, including 124 nationalities? That we already buy 70% of our wood products and 86% of our cotton sustainably? And that in more than half of our stores only energy-efficient LED lighting is lit? Yes, that too is Action. Curious about which other initiatives we facilitate? Join our team and see for yourself.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer, and we cordially invite everyone who recognizes themselves in the vacancy to apply. So take action and respond to this vacancy now!
And so it goes on:
- Response to your application within 14 days (and usually earlier)
- First phone call with your recruiter
- First meeting with the manager and a colleague
- Second interview with, among others, your recruiter
- Welcome to Action
During the entire process, your recruiter is your fixed point of contact and available for all your questions.