This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Fulltime, 38 hours per week
Are you structured and do you like working in a dynamic and high paced environment? The role of Service Specialist Hub & Crossdock is a challenging and exciting opportunity to help build, optimize and strengthen our supply chain. Are you ready for Action?
As part of our supply chain we have a crossdock and multiple hub locations in Europe, from where our goods are distributed to our warehouses. Currently, Action has 8 warehouse locations in Europe, that provide over 1600 stores and is still expanding. Our crossdock and hub’s make it possible for us to actively manage the amount and type of goods that each warehouse receives. As Service Specialist Hub & Crossdock you’ll provide support to the Service Manager and Operational Manager Hub & Crossdock. This consist of making analysis of the performance of our crossdock and hub’s by using BI-tools, SAP, MS Access and MS Excel. Next to that you are already familiar with WMS, TMS, ERP and EDI. Creating an operational planning and providing support in various optimization projects is also part of your job. You’ll keep track of the progress of action plans and deadlines, participate in projects and signaling issues. The daily operation in our crossdock and hub’s is run by a logistic service provider (LSP), for whom you’ll be the first point of contact. This means that you build strong relationships and participate in periodic meetings with the LSP and key suppliers, occasionally you’ll visit our hub and crossdock locations in person. In this position there is a lot of flexibility and room for own initiative.
You’ll be part of the Inbound Logistics team, where we focus on the operation, optimization and network expansion of our Direct Import flow and Hub & Crossdock network. We collaborate cross functional with other departments such as Procurement, Financial Controlling and Supply Chain Engineers to ensure continuous improvement. Join!
As Service Specialist Hub & Crossdock you are organized, structured and stick to agreements and deadlines. You like collaborating with others to achieve common targets and have great communicating and influencing skills to effectively manage the relationships with our LSP and key suppliers. Offering support is something that you enjoy and are good at. Next to that you are result oriented and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field, such as supply chain or logistics;
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience, preferably within retail or trading company;
- Strong analytical skills and a clear understanding of data, warehouse and business concepts;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, SAP or other (E)WM systems;
- Good command in English, both verbal as in writing.
- Market based salary;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours);
- A travel allowance;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy;
- Flexible working hours;
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.