This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Supply Chain Manager Import and Ocean Freight
Full-time/part-time (32–38 hours)
Action has a rapidly growing number of stores, distribution centers, and hub and crossdock locations. The secret to our success? Good and efficient cooperation, smart plans and thoroughness. With our growing network of 11 distribution centers, hubs and crossdocks intelligently set up, we know how to keep costs down to benefit the customer! As Supply Chain Manager of Import & Sea Freight, you will work at our international headquarters in Noord-Holland and be responsible for an optimal flow between suppliers and distribution centers. This is a challenging position with a lot of responsibility, room for good ideas and high dynamics.
This is your daily action
As manager of the Import & Ocean Freight team, you are responsible for an efficient product flow in the broadest sense of the word. You do this in a complex global network of Action locations, suppliers of sea freight, domestic terminals, inland waterways and transport. The scope is big, which means that we are a world player. You are constantly looking for synergy between the current market, availability of transport, Action’s growing network, and the growing volume of products that go through our network. In doing so, you are involved in the setup and lay ou t of our future inbound blueprint and build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Together, you will improve the process, keep costs as low as possible and explore new possibilities.
Your responsibilities at a glance:
- As a manager, you lead a close and expanding team of 4 experts and ensure that they are ready to handle future developments
- Together with the team you create a strong network which is fit for growth
- You are the driving force in projects aimed at the development and innovation of our inbound logistics network
- With Action’s growth, the scope of your responsibilities will develop rapidly in the coming years. In short: as an experienced supply chain manager, this is the perfect opportunity to broaden your horizons.
This is your team
You can make a difference as a player in the world's top logistics industry at Action Inbound Logistics. Our growing team works hard to create the optimal flow of goods for each product and runs the daily operations. That's a challenging task, particularly when you think that we have hundreds of suppliers in Europe and Asia and that we have large volumes heading to our distribution centers every year. But the best part is that Action is expanding at a rapid pace, which means that you can contribute to developing a smart, efficient network that includes an increasing number of hubs and cross-docks. And you do that hand in hand with partners from all over the world as well as your trusted team-mates, who you'll get to know during coffee breaks, on team days and over drinks. Saskia and Jelle are looking forward to meeting you!
This is you
Combining forces, fine-tuning, perseverance and a practical approach. This way, you can decisively take our inbound structure to the next level. What energises you? Working together on smart solutions and ideas. You enjoy working with people and know how to enthuse and engage your team, stakeholders and other stakeholders. You put good plans into practice through your proactive approach, cross-departmental vision and can-do mentality. You also know how to keep a cool head and create an overview when things get busy.
You also have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration or similar
- Good knowledge of import from the far east and inbound
- Experience in supply chain for at least 10 years in a multidisciplinary, international, fast-growing and dynamic environment, for which you have been the ultimate responsible person or manager for a number of years
- Able to draw the right information from data quickly thanks to your strong analytical skills
- Experience with large-scale change and/or project management
- English at a professional level
What we offer
You will join a team of professionals in an international environment. Action has more than 2,000 stores in 10 European countries and opens several new stores on a weekly basis. The organisation's rapid growth is continuing apace. and not only is the organisation expanding, but there are also opportunities for you to grow within the company.
- Annual bonus between 7.5-15% based on personal and business objectives
- A lease car, laptop and mobile phone
- 24 holidays with the possibility to buy 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week)
- Annual long-term bonus after 3 years of service
- Flexible working hours
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment seriously. That is why we seek to invest in solutions that reduce the environmental impact and improve manufacturing conditions in the countries in which we have stores and manufacture products. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
What happens next
Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
We will invite you to an initial job interview.
We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to complete an online assessment.
We shall invite you to a second interview and discuss your assessment and more.
If we are both happy, we'll become new colleagues!
At Action, integrity is of great importance to us. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your recruiter for more information.