This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Supply Chain Project Manager
Full-time/part-time (32–38 hours)
Fancy a challenge with a lot of responsibility, room for good ideas and a highly dynamic environment? Then discover Action as a project manager in supply chain. From our international headquarters in Noord-Holland, you will lead projects around the growth of the number of stores, distribution centres, hubs and crossdocks and the optimisation of processes and systems. You’ll help us smartly design our supply chain to keep costs down. This will benefit millions of customers!
Your daily tasks
With your projects, you will facilitate our growth and development – a distribution centre will be added every year – we will establish ourselves in new countries and we will open hundreds of new stores in Europe. Your challenge? Taking the lead in the execution of the supply chain business and change agenda The resulting projects are initiated by the business owners. As an expert, you will help them achieve goals in terms of costs, scalability and service levels.
What kind of projects are these? It's very diverse. From introducing SAP S/4HANA to forecasting or consolidating import deliveries, you will be leading projects at both the operational and the strategic level.
Good cooperation is essential here. Among other things, you will work with managers, head of’s, specialists in lean excellence, Buying, Store Operations, Finance, Supply Chain Analytics and Process Development & Support teams, and external stakeholders. You will create urgency among all those involved and keep the speed in the project. In the meantime, you will be sparring a lot with programme managers and fellow project managers. In short: a boost for your network.
Curious about what a week looks like? Because there is a lot of flexibility, you can design it yourself. For example, you will have project meetings, request information from analytics or finance colleagues and plan your focus time to have room for development. If you’re in the office for a day, you’ll have lunch with the team. And who knows, maybe a visit abroad is on the cards. Depending on your projects, you may do this several times a year.
You can make a difference at a player in the world's top logistics industry You can do this at Action Supply Chain Support & Processes. Our team drives supply chain processes, systems and optimisations. This is challenging, especially considering that our supply chain network is expanding at a rapid pace. And you can do this together with colleagues, advisers and consultants all over Europe, as well as your trusted team-mates, who you'll get to know during coffee breaks, on team days and over drinks. André, Thamar and Abe will be happy to meet you.
What you offer
You act decisively and get energy when working together on smart solutions and ideas. By joining forces, carefully aligning, getting things done with each other and adopting a practical approach, you will steer projects in the right direction and successfully implement changes. You also engage stakeholders and other stakeholders and know how to keep your eyes on the goal. With your proactive attitude, cross-departmental vision and a can-do mentality, you can put good ideas into practice. And when there's (time) pressure? Then you keep a cool head, give direction and create an overview.
You also have the following:
- You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or similar
- Experience in supply chain projects
- You have worked in a multidisciplinary, international, fast-growing and dynamic working environment for at least 5 years
- Draw the right information from data quickly thanks to your strong analytical skills
- Experience in change management and/or project management on a large scale
- Proficient in English at a professional level
What we offer
You will join a team of professionals in an international environment. Action has more than 2,000 stores in 10 European countries and opens several new stores on a weekly basis. The organisation's rapid growth is continuing apace. And not only is the organisation expanding, but there are also career opportunities for you to be able to grow within the company.
- An annual bonus of between 5% and 10% based on personal and business targets
- Travel allowance
- 24 holidays with the possibility to buy 5 extra days (based on 38 hours per week)
- Flexible working hours
- You work partly in the office and partly from home
- 15% staff discount on your purchases at Action
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment seriously. That is why we seek to invest in solutions that reduce the environmental impact and improve manufacturing conditions in the countries in which we have stores and manufacture products. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
What happens next
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We will invite you to an initial job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to complete an online assessment.
- We shall invite you to a second interview and discuss your assessment and more.
- If we are both happy, we'll become new colleagues!