This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Supply Chain Resource Equipment Specialist
Facility and Equipment management within Action is concerned with the management and control of the facility support activities for the primary process of the DC’s, offices and Hubs and the equipment support activities of the DC’s. The strategic management is organized at IHQ where we align the facility and equipment strategy with corporate strategies, perform facility and equipment projects and processes, make sure we comply with rules- and regulations, take care of strategic choices concerning safety and manage several European contracts. Tactical facility management is organized as much as possible at regional level. We make sure that the local facility suppliers perform high quality of work, assist the local management with facility support and translate the local rules and regulations into our processes. The main part of our operational facility services is outsourced and managed by a facility service provider. Tactical and operational equipment management is organized as much as possible at DC level by the logistic specialists.
The Supply Chain Resource Equipment Specialist (SCRES) reports directly to the Manager Facility and Equipment. He/She ensures maximum performance of resources at lowest possible costs and acceptable risk. The scope is all European DC’s, The SCRES is responsible for managing Supply Chain equipment, which is divided in:
- Expendables (e.g. foil, stickers, disposables)
- Capital goods (e.g. material handling equipment, baler, roll cages, pallets)
The SCRES ensures the central control of resource performance, life cycle cost and the availability of resources in all DC’s. Furthermore, is responsible for optimizing, providing insight and reporting on the performance of resources throughout the entire supply chain organization, and also assures the cost effectiveness of these resources.
Your Daily Actions
Administration and asset management
- Manage all resource related data (e.g. invoices, contracts, assets, insurances);
- Responsible for the monitoring of the lease contracts of the Material Handling Equipment;
- Create and compose reports for measuring progress, analyze data and deliver improvement proposals for strategical decision making;
- Identifies issues and pro-actively submit solutions.
- Defines, executes and improves standardized guidelines and procedures regarding identification of needs for resources, purchase, registration, maintenance and discarding of resources;
- Monitors execution of resource processes according to central established guidelines and way of working. Act on deviations;
- Guiding and coaching of colleagues in securing the correct execution of resource process, procedure and way of working;
- Provides input to benefit improvement and development of logistic processes, regarding use and performance of resources;
- Provides input to benefit recording of process and procedures and to secure accurate documentation. Manage instructions when change in type of resources require so;
- Follow up on contracts, end-of-lease dates.
- Actively gathers input from users, owners and suppliers regarding Supply Chain resources;
- Initiates improvements of relevant Supply Chain processes.
- Manage suppliers and stakeholders. Provide input for procurement purposes;
- Develop, maintain and provide reports and means of control regarding performance and life cycle cost, and supplier performance.
Account- and supplier management
- Responsible for the management of the European contracts regarding equipment;
- Actively contributes solutions to operational issues that affect performance of resources, and contribute to business processes where resources can improve performance;
- Actively contributes to and participates in projects which will impact Supply Chain resource management;
- Sparring partner for procurement, finance and legal on content of contracts.
This is you
You make proposals for efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity and implements these. You work effectively with others to achieve common targets and you are able to influence senior stakeholders in an international complex organization. You are organized and able to structure activities and projects, and make the right choices and set priorities. You respond quickly and adequately to questions/requests from colleagues and external parties, and you have good communication skills (written and oral), as an intermediary between users and suppliers. Additionally, you check agreements and procedures thoroughly and pay attention to clear documentation. You are able to coordinate assets for Europe
Furthermore you have:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (University of applied science), e.g. Facility Management, Logistic or Supply Chain management;
- At least 5-7 years of relevant working experience in a similar job, preferably in a retail/logistics environment;
- Clear understanding of contract- and supplier management and SLA driven service providers;
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to coordinate assets for Europe;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Experience in assessing the financial consequences of quotations on the equipment;
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 24 vacation days and the possibility to buy an extra 5 days per year (based on 38 hours)
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to participate in a collective health insurance policy
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!