This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
32 – 38 hours per week
More than 11 million customers visit one of our 2,000+ stores in Europe each week, and we open new stores and distribution centres on a regular basis. This represents a growing logistics challenge, one in which we work together on an international level to get more than 6,000 products in our stores at the lowest prices. As a result, we are always on the lookout for planners and make sure development opportunities are available for our supply planners at our headquarters in Noord-Holland. Come and see for yourself!
Your daily tasks
You will work at the heart of our logistics operations, ensuring smooth and optimal availability of products at the right distribution centres. If there are any delivery problems, you will tackle them head on with local and international suppliers, commercial planners, buyers and logistics experts.
As a Supply Planner, you will do the following:
- You will plan and monitor the stock of your product group, such as household, toys or garden.
- You will be responsible for forecasts and parameters in the system and make sure they match the KPIs. If there is a risk that these targets will be missed, you will address this through the right channels.
- You will check the orders in the Symphony GOLD system and take action based on stock levels and forecasts. Maintaining an overview of your stock levels is a key priority.
- You will monitor inbound deliveries to make sure they are on time and complete.
- You will hold regular meetings with suppliers and colleagues to improve internal stock levels and product availability.
- You will keep track of the administration for master data or closing open orders and maintain an overview of the situation.
- You will prepare shipping schedules for Direct Import products and match them with the correct hub or cross-dock location.
- You will assist your colleagues with planning processes and systems as a planning expert. You will also be involved in projects and make proposals for process improvements.
The number of contacts with suppliers and more make your work challenging and diverse. And the best thing about it is that together with your colleagues, you put a smile on our customers' faces by surprising them with more than they expect and by making sustainable products affordable and accessible to all.
Our Planning department consists of more than 30 planners. We work closely together with the Buying department, Commercial Planning, Transport and Inbound. There's never a dull moment at Action. Kamper, Angenita Heeremans, Joost Koenis and Franklin Ummenthum look forward to meeting you!
What you offer
You are an expert in the area of planning. If you see that something could be done more easily or more effectively, you are itching to get started. You can also seamlessly switch between detailed range planning and a helicopter view. Others describe you as organised, flexible and someone who can go the extra mile. Thanks to a structured approach, you know how to deal with rapidly changing priorities and meeting deadlines. Teamwork makes the dream work, as the saying goes, which is why you enjoy working with colleagues. You can achieve your availability and stock targets by maintaining short lines of communication with your stakeholders.
You also have the following:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in supply chain
- You have at least one year's work experience in a similar role
- You have an affinity for figures and data
- You have an excellent command of English
- You have a good knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of SAP or forecasting and replenishment systems is an asset
What we offer
You will work in a team of professionals within an international environment. Action has almost 2,000 stores in 10 European countries and opens a number of new stores every week. The rapid growth of the organization continues continuously. Not only is Action growing, but there are also career opportunities for you to develop within the company.
- A job at the international headquarters of a dynamic company with plenty of room to grow
- Market-based salary based on a 38-hour work week
- 24 vacation days, with the option to purchase 5 extra days based on a 38-hour work week
- Extensive range of education and training at our own Action Academy
- Travel allowance
- A company laptop and mobile phone
How we contribute to society
As a retailer with millions of enthusiastic customers, we take our responsibility for people and the environment. That is why we invest in solutions that reduce the impact on the environment and ensure better production conditions in the countries where we operate and manufacture. Click here for more information.
Take action and apply now!
The next steps
- Our recruiter will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- We invite you for a first job interview.
- We would like to get to know you better, which is why we ask you to take an online assessment.
- We will invite you for a second interview and we will discuss your assessment
- Are will still a great match? Then we will become new colleagues!